Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luyolo Mgodi 71 posts 120 karma points
    Feb 03, 2012 @ 12:56
    Luyolo Mgodi

UMBRACO 5 INSTALLATION

Hi,

I am trying to install umbraco 5. I have downloaded a the zip file and unzipped it. I created my new MVC3 Project and copied the file across. I created my project on IIS 7.

When I try to browse my project so that I can get the installation/setup wizard I get the error below:

Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method.  Type: 'Umbraco.Cms.Web.EmbeddedViewEngine.EmbeddedRazorViewEngine'.  Assembly: 'Umbraco.Cms.Web.EmbeddedViewEngine, Version=5.0.310.16, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

And the stack trace reads as follows:

[TypeLoadException: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method.  Type: 'Umbraco.Cms.Web.EmbeddedViewEngine.EmbeddedRazorViewEngine'.  Assembly: 'Umbraco.Cms.Web.EmbeddedViewEngine, Version=5.0.310.16, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.]
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.DependencyManagement.DemandBuilders.MvcTypesDemandBuilder.Build(IContainerBuilder containerBuilder, IBuilderContext context) +0
       Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.AbstractContainerBuilder.AddDependencyDemandBuilder(IDependencyDemandBuilder demandBuilder) +196
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.DependencyManagement.DemandBuilders.UmbracoContainerBuilder`1.Build(IContainerBuilder builder, IBuilderContext builderContext) +806
       Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.AbstractContainerBuilder.AddDependencyDemandBuilder(IDependencyDemandBuilder demandBuilder) +196
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.System.Boot.BootManager.Boot() +116
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.UmbracoWebApplication.Boot(BootManager bootManager) +35
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.UmbracoWebApplication.Start() +674
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.UI.MvcApplication.Application_Start() +157

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2012 @ 21:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi there

Not sure what it is you're doing there. Could you describe the steps more detailed?

I have a notion that you're mixing things - create a simple IIS site for Umbraco, add a hostname (remember to set it in your hosts file), give the iis_iusrs role full permissions on the root folder containing Umbraco and then fire up your local site and following the installation instructions.

Forgive me if I misunderstand your post but I'm not quite sure what it is you're doing :)

/Jan

Feb 06, 2012 @ 08:34
    Luyolo Mgodi

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your response.

I created a clean MVC3 project on Visual Studio. I then unzipped the web application project I download from codeplex and copied those files to the directory where I created my project.

2ndly, I created my site on IIS7, I then pointed my site to the same directory where my umbraco files are at.

When I try to browse, the project so that I can finish the installation, I get the error above.

Luyolo

Feb 06, 2012 @ 21:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Luyolo

Could you try to just download and extract the Umbraco files from the zip folder (remember to unblock the zip file first) and then create an IIS site and point it to the Umbraco root folder. Give full permissions to the iis_iusrs group on the "Umbraco" folder and make sure it inherits all the way down. Also make sure that the app pool for the site is running .NET4.

Try browsing this site to finish the installation - does this work?

/Jan

Feb 07, 2012 @ 08:56
    Luyolo Mgodi

Hi Jan,

Please find below are the exact step I follow:

1. Downloaded this zipfile from codeplex "20120131-1257-Umbraco5RTMWebApp.zip"

2. I unblocked the file

3. I unziped the file

4. I created a  new site on IIS and pointed my site to my "umbraco" folder.(Where my umbraco files are)

5. Gave full control(permissions)  to that folder

6. Made sure that the site is running on on 'ASP.NET v4.0' app pool

Those are ezact steps I follow. Please let me know if there is anything that I'm missing.

Here is the spec of my computer below, in case it is something to do with it.

1. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate

2. Service Pack 1

3. 32-bit Operating System

4. IIS version 7.5.7600.16385

Thanks,

Luyolo

• meodemsao 5 posts 25 karma points
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 05:17
    meodemsao

Hi Luyolo

when i install u5 with sql ce4 , u5 have a messenger "The maximum retry count has been reached, please manually refresh the page"

and when i refresh browser i have this :

Could not create mapping group 'default'. Errors:
    Writers:
    Key: nhibernate, Error: Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: bootstrapper
      at Umbraco.Framework.Mandate.That[TException](Boolean condition, Func`2 defer) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Framework\Mandate.cs:line 107
      at Umbraco.Framework.Mandate.ParameterNotNull[T](T value, String paramName) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Framework\Mandate.cs:line 21
      at Umbraco.Hive.ProviderSetup..ctor(ProviderMetadata providerMetadata, IFrameworkContext frameworkContext, AbstractProviderBootstrapper bootstrapper, Int32 priorityOrdinal) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Hive\ProviderSetup.cs:line 26
      at Umbraco.Hive.UninstalledProviderSetup..ctor(ProviderMetadata providerMetadata, IFrameworkContext frameworkContext, AbstractProviderBootstrapper bootstrapper, Int32 priorityOrdinal) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Hive\ProviderSetup.cs:line 14
      at Umbraco.Hive.DemandBuilders.HiveDemandBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass28.<Build>b__e(IResolutionContext x) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Hive\DemandBuilders\HiveDemandBuilder.cs:line 82
      at Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacContainerBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<ForFactory>b__0(IComponentContext x) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac\AutofacContainerBuilder.cs:line 39
      at Autofac.RegistrationExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass10`1.<Register>b__f(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
      at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<ForDelegate>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
      at Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.<Execute>b__6()
      at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func`1 creator)
      at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute()
      at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.TryResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& instance)
      at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveNamed[TService](IComponentContext context, String serviceName, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveNamed[TService](IComponentContext context, String serviceName)
      at Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacResolutionContext.Resolve[T](String name) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac\AutofacResolutionContext.cs:line 72
      at Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacResolutionContext.TryResolve[T](String name) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac\AutofacResolutionContext.cs:line 130

Readers:
    Key: nhibernate, Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Could not resolve a writer or a reader for key nhibernate. 
    Reader error: Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
      at Umbraco.Framework.Mandate.That[TException](Boolean condition, Func`2 defer) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Framework\Mandate.cs:line 107
      at Umbraco.Framework.Mandate.ParameterNotNull[T](T value, String paramName) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Framework\Mandate.cs:line 21
      at Umbraco.Hive.ReadonlyProviderSetup..ctor(ProviderMetadata providerMetadata, IFrameworkContext frameworkContext, AbstractProviderBootstrapper bootstrapper, Int32 priorityOrdinal) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Hive\ReadonlyProviderSetup.cs:line 22
      at Umbraco.Hive.UninstalledReadonlyProviderSetup..ctor(ProviderMetadata providerMetadata, IFrameworkContext frameworkContext, AbstractProviderBootstrapper bootstrapper, Int32 priorityOrdinal) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Hive\ReadonlyProviderSetup.cs:line 10
      at Umbraco.Hive.DemandBuilders.HiveDemandBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<Build>b__f(IResolutionContext x) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Hive\DemandBuilders\HiveDemandBuilder.cs:line 116
      at Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacContainerBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<ForFactory>b__0(IComponentContext x) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac\AutofacContainerBuilder.cs:line 39
      at Autofac.RegistrationExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass10`1.<Register>b__f(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
      at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<ForDelegate>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
      at Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func`1 creator)
      at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.TryResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& instance)
      at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveNamed[TService](IComponentContext context, String serviceName, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveNamed[TService](IComponentContext context, String serviceName)
      at Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacResolutionContext.Resolve[T](String name) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac\AutofacResolutionContext.cs:line 72
      at Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacResolutionContext.TryResolve[T](String name) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac\AutofacResolutionContext.cs:line 130. 
    Writer error: Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
      at Umbraco.Hive.ProviderSetup..ctor(ProviderMetadata providerMetadata, IFrameworkContext frameworkContext, AbstractProviderBootstrapper bootstrapper, Int32 priorityOrdinal) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Hive\ProviderSetup.cs:line 26
      at Umbraco.Hive.UninstalledProviderSetup..ctor(ProviderMetadata providerMetadata, IFrameworkContext frameworkContext, AbstractProviderBootstrapper bootstrapper, Int32 priorityOrdinal) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Hive\ProviderSetup.cs:line 14
      at Umbraco.Hive.DemandBuilders.HiveDemandBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass28.<Build>b__e(IResolutionContext x) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Hive\DemandBuilders\HiveDemandBuilder.cs:line 82
      at Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacResolutionContext.TryResolve[T](String name) in d:\Data\Net\umbraco_61ea7a8b6526\Source\Libraries\Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac\AutofacResolutionContext.cs:line 130

Feb 08, 2012 @ 23:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Luyolo

What users or user groups did you give full permission?

What database are you using? MSSQL or SQL CE?

Is the MVC framework 2 and 3 installed on your machine?

Is the app pool running using the "network service" user?

Hope some of these pointers help.

/Jan

Feb 08, 2012 @ 23:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Medeomsao and welcome to the community

Could you also ellaborate a bit more on your installation process and give some information about the system where you trying to do your installation please? :-)

/Jan

Feb 09, 2012 @ 07:13
    meodemsao

i using sql se4 when install U5(i deploy newest source code or using deploy file in codeplex  download page),

i install mvc3 in my machine

and appool i using .net 4.0 and intergate mode

i don't want to use sql server but i think sql server have no problem

Feb 09, 2012 @ 13:22
    Feb 09, 2012 @ 13:23
    meodemsao

Feb 14, 2012 @ 05:51
    meodemsao

Hi Karma 

You have any idea for this bug

Feb 15, 2012 @ 08:54
    Luyolo Mgodi

Hi Jan,

I am using MSSQL 2008

Yes I have MVC 2 and 3 installed on my machine

I went as far as giving all the user groups full permissions to the application

Thanks

Feb 16, 2012 @ 21:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Luyolo

Just to be clear, did the above trick giving all user group full permissions solve your issue?

/Jan

• Malachi Burke 4 posts 24 karma points
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 21:22
    Malachi Burke

I am having this exact same issue as OP:

"Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method.  Type: 'Umbraco.Cms.Web.EmbeddedViewEngine.EmbeddedRazorViewEngine'.  Assembly: 'Umbraco.Cms.Web.EmbeddedViewEngine, Version=5.0.310.16, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'."

I have ASP.NET MVC3 installed, and folder is wide open (everyone has r/w access).

Using 32-bit IIS 7.5

Running on my dev machine using VS2010

Any solutions?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft