Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kerrie 27 posts 67 karma points
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 17:20
    kerrie

xml document error

Hi,

I am using version v 4.5.2 and I have a big issue, pages intermittently seem to be giving a 500 error.  So I have checked the logs and I am getting the following:

Error loading IApplication: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Examine.ExamineManager' threw an exception. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). (m:\HostingSpaces\kerrie\lauracranetrust.org\wwwroot\config\ExamineSettings.config line 12) at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType) at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProviders(ProviderSettingsCollection configProviders, ProviderCollection providers, Type providerType) at Examine.ExamineManager.LoadProviders() at Examine.ExamineManager..ctor() at Examine.ExamineManager..cctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Examine.ExamineManager.get_Instance() at UmbracoExamine.UmbracoEventManager..ctor() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Application.RegisterIApplications()

I am guessing the two is linked, not sure if this is a cache issue or because this site is on shared hosting or what.

I have no idea how to fix this issue and I am quite a newbie to umbraco.  Any help would be great, thanks!

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 17:39
    Ismail Mayat

kerrie,

Can you paste a copy of the examinesettings.config file looks like you have an issue there.

Ismail

Jan 04, 2012 @ 17:45
    kerrie

Thanks for the response.  Code is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!--
    Umbraco examine is an extensible indexer and search engine.
    This configuration file can be extended to add your own search/index providers.
    Index sets can be defined in the ExamineIndex.config if you're using the standard provider model.

More information and documentation can be found on CodePlex: http://umbracoexamine.codeplex.com
    -->
    <Examine>
      <ExamineIndexProviders>
        <providers>
          <add name="InternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.LuceneExamineIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
               runAsync="true"
               supportUnpublished="true"
               supportProtected="true"
               interval="10"
               analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.WhitespaceAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"/>
          <add name="InternalMemberIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.MemberLuceneExamineIndexer, UmbracoExamine"
               runAsync="true"
               supportProtected="true"
               interval="10"
               analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"/>
        </providers>
      </ExamineIndexProviders>
      <ExamineSearchProviders defaultProvider="InternalSearcher">
        <providers>
          <add name="InternalSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.LuceneExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"
          <add name="InternalMemberSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.LuceneExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"
               analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" enableLeadingWildcards="true"/>           
        </providers>
      </ExamineSearchProviders>
    </Examine>

Line 12 is  <add name="InternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.LuceneExamineIndexer, UmbracoExamine"

Am I missing something perhaps?

Jan 04, 2012 @ 17:51
    Ismail Mayat

Kerrie,

Do you have a dll called luceneengine in the bin dir. My colleague had exact same issue yesterday although it was with 4.7 site. He did the following, removed the luceneengine dll and replaced the examine and umbracoexamine dlls with latest ones from codeplex. However I am not sure it will quite work with yours as you are on 452 and older version of examine however it may be worth a try dont forget to back up before trying.

Regards

Ismail

Jan 04, 2012 @ 17:55
    Ismail Mayat

Kerrie,

If you do update you will need to update your ExamineSettings.config file try the following after removing and replacing dlls as per previous post

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!-- 

Umbraco examine is an extensible indexer and search engine.

This configuration file can be extended to add your own search/index providers.

Index sets can be defined in the ExamineIndex.config if you're using the standard provider model.

More information and documentation can be found on CodePlex: http://umbracoexamine.codeplex.com

-->

<Examine>

<ExamineIndexProviders>

<providers>

<add name="InternalIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer, UmbracoExamine"

supportProtected="true"

interval="10"

<add name="InternalMemberIndexer" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoMemberIndexer, UmbracoExamine"

supportProtected="true"

interval="10"

analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net"/>

</providers>

</ExamineIndexProviders>

<ExamineSearchProviders defaultProvider="InternalSearcher">

<providers>

<add name="InternalSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"

<add name="InternalMemberSearcher" type="UmbracoExamine.UmbracoExamineSearcher, UmbracoExamine"

analyzer="Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer, Lucene.Net" enableLeadingWildcards="true"/>

</providers>

</ExamineSearchProviders>

</Examine>

Regards
    Ismail

Jan 05, 2012 @ 10:29
    kerrie

Ismail, thanks so much, I think it has solved my problem.  I updated the Examine.dll and Lucene.Net.dll so far so good, no more errors in the log.

Again many thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft