Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Robert 13 posts 53 karma points
    Dec 01, 2011 @ 11:03
    Robert

Multiple sites spread on multiple servers

Hello!

I'm struggeling to find some information about a challenge I'm up to. I'm looking for a CMS that allows multiple sites to be managed from a single login but the sites are located on different servers which are not in the same network. The reason for this is because some sites needs to be within a secure network to communicate with servers that can't be exposed to the internet. The other servers are just public webservers with just websites on it. Also the server in the secure network communicates via webservices.

To make myself clear, I have two websites:

Site A - public webserver

Site B - webserver placed in a secure network and communicates with servers via this network (not via internet)

Site A and B should be managed from the same login and they share some assets (stylesheets i.e.). They use different databases. The users should have different user rights, one user might just be able to change the content in site A but not B.

Did I make myself clear? There will be more servers but for the example I just stuck with two.

I found information about distributed call but it seems like it's just for load balancing? I just want to share some assets (like template, stylesheets) not the content. The different sites should also use their own databases.

Is this an issue Umbraco can handle?

Thanks.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Dec 01, 2011 @ 12:43
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft