Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex Burr 77 posts 128 karma points
    Jul 22, 2011 @ 18:05
    Alex Burr

Upgrade from 4.5.2 to 4.7; cannot log in to /umbraco/

Hi, I just did a test upgrade (on my dev box) from 4.5 to 4.7. I diffed all the files in /config/ as well as my web.config file and made adjustments after copying the files into my website folder from the distro .zip file.

Browsing to the address ran the installer, and it didn't indicate any errors. However when I browse to /umbraco/ and attempt to log in, I get the red shakey boxes regardless of which user I attempt.

I've checked the table umbracoUser and don't see any missing records.

Any ideas would be great...

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jul 22, 2011 @ 18:09
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

Are you sure the connection string is correct on your test copy?  The red shakey boxes can happen when Umbraco can't connect to the DB to validate the login.  If you goto the front end of the website it might give you the "real" error, or check the umbracoLog table.

-Tom

• Alex Burr 77 posts 128 karma points
    Jul 22, 2011 @ 18:20
    Alex Burr

Thanks Tom,

It looks like this was the problem: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/3599-Upgraded-to-4-and-now-I-can't-login

On a side note to the forum administrators: That topic should come up when I search on "upgrade login". Currently I get 0 results for that search query and had to go to Google.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft