Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex Burr 77 posts 128 karma points
    Jun 24, 2011 @ 17:21
    Alex Burr

Developer > Packages > Install Starter Kit missing (4.7.0)

Hi everyone,

I just downloaded the 4.7.0 build from Codeplex and did a fresh install on a development box. Windows 7, unique app pool, name of site is http://umbracotest470:8282.

When I ran the installer, and it got to the Starter Kit step, I got some permissions error (that I missed) and it didn't list any available kits, but said I could add them after install. No problem, right?

But now I login and go to Developer section and the Packages node has nothing underneath it, and I cannot expand it or refresh nodes (from any of the 4 major browsers).

We are following the instructions in Nik and Paul's "Umbraco User's Guide" book. 

This is for a pretty important pilot for a CMS solution for our hospital system. I have some good experiences with Umbraco in the past, but it took a lot of fighting for me to convince the execs to purchase Umbraco, so I will lose a lot of credibility if there's a flaw in the installation process (there are a lot of designers waiting to jump on board and start building).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Jun 24, 2011 @ 17:37
    Daniel Bardi

The packages section requires internet access.. is this an isolated system?

Jun 24, 2011 @ 17:37
    Alex Burr

Here is the error I was given:

Oops...the installer can't connect to the repository

Starter Kits could not be fetched from the repository as there was no connection - which can occur if you are using a proxy server or firewall with certain configurations, or if you are not currently connected to the internet. 

Click Continue to complete the installation then navigate to the Developer section of your Umbraco installation where you will find the Starter Kits listed in the Packages tree.

Jun 24, 2011 @ 17:38
    Alex Burr

Hi Daniel, 

The dev box I installed this on is the laptop I'm using to post right now. So, yes, I have internet access.

Jun 27, 2011 @ 16:38
    Alex Burr

Fixed this one myself. The Application Pool Identity was not set to be the same account as one given folder permissions ("NetworkService").

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft