Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Evan Jardine 108 posts 168 karma points
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 00:32
    Evan Jardine

Can't import MacroEngine 'umbraco.MacroEngines.Legacy.DLRScriptingEngine'

Hi All

I'm getting the following error in the umbracoLog table on a site that I have upgraded from 4.5.2 .NET 3.5 to 4.6.1 .NET 4.  It was quite a big upgrade and this is the only error message I havn't been able to resolve.

• Server 2003
    • IIS 6

Can't import MacroEngine 'umbraco.MacroEngines.Legacy.DLRScriptingEngine': System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
    at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.MacroEngineFactory.getEngines(List`1 types)

Has anyone else had this error after upgrading?

Cheers

Evan

• Yannick Smits 321 posts 718 karma points
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 12:55
    Yannick Smits

I had the same issue when upgrading. You could try and run the script that Andreas made and see if you're missing a DLL. For me it was asp.net mvc 2 that fixed it.

• Ted Jardine 98 posts 120 karma points
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 19:14
    Ted Jardine

Looks like it lost my post.

I have the same exception on a clean 4.6.1 install. Thanks for the link to Andreas' script Yannick, as it turns out I too needed to bin deploy ASP.NET MVC 2 to the live Web server, but unfortunately this exception still remains.

Win2008 x64, IIS 7, Integrated Applicatino Pool, ASP.NET 4.0

I'm thinking there might be a relationship between this issue and the one detailed at http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29913

Btw Evan, nice last name ;-)

Jan 25, 2011 @ 22:43
    Evan Jardine

Haha same Ted ;-)

Thanks guys I'll try that script and see if it helps.

Cheers

Evan

Jan 26, 2011 @ 23:21
    Evan Jardine

After running the script it revealed the same problem with the ASP.NET MVC 2 dll, but as Ted mentioned the MacroEngine error is still occuring.

It also came up with this exception;

Assembly: umbraco.standardFormhandlers, Version=1.0.3811.17117, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
    Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.interfaces.IFormhandler' from assembly 'interfaces, Version=1.0.4029.25827, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Is umbraco.standardFormhandlers still needed?  I'm assuming it was part of an earlier version of Contour.

Cheers

Evan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft