Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thorsten Hoffmann 48 posts 119 karma points
    Nov 04, 2010 @ 17:53
    Thorsten Hoffmann

Database not found / Upgrading from 3.0.6 to 4.5.2 (.NET 3.5)

Hello,

I'm getting a database not found error on step 2 of 5 when upgrading from ver 3.0.6 to 4.5.2.

Is there a solution for this ?

Thanks,

Thorsten

• devtage 12 posts 32 karma points
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 22:50
    devtage

Dont know if this is related to the same issue i had. I had exactly the same errors and i tried everything to make it work but it didnt. I tried the following:

1. Resintalled MySQL drivers (for .NET)

2. Tested if mysql was installed properly by running a small php script below:
    <?php $link = mysql_connect('<server>','<username>','<password>'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect to MySQL: ' . mysql_error()); } echo 'Connection OK'; mysql_close($link); ?>

The above confirmed that the connection was ok! But i was still having a problem proceeding from step 2!!!

3. I spent hours trying to figure out what was going on, ran trace etc, but still did not work.

4. I decided to look ino the umbraco install diectory web.config and ongoing through, i hapened to notice by stroke of luck an element umbracoConfigurationStatus with value of "". For some reason, i decided to set this to "4.5.2" (umbraco version) and presto!!!! It worked.

The above might be a fluke or just a specific solutions, but it happened to work for me.  I hope this helps others in any way as the issue the @OP was having was very similar to mine.

Cheers

Gibby (deVtage).

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 22:52
    Aaron Powell

I believe you have to upgrade to version 4.0 before you can go to 4.5.2

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2011 @ 07:31
    Dirk De Grave

+1 on Aaron's comments, you need to upgrade to  v4.0 before ever thinking of upgrading to 4.5.2 (and maybe some versions in between)!

• Thorsten Hoffmann 48 posts 119 karma points
    Jan 06, 2011 @ 08:47
    Thorsten Hoffmann

Hi Guys,

thanks your your tips...I will try first to upgrade to 4.0.4.2 and after that I start the upgrade to 4.5.2

I tell you if it worked for me.

Thorsten

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft