Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bernhard König 8 posts 28 karma points
    Sep 10, 2010 @ 21:32
    Bernhard König

Installed packages tree empty after upgrading from 4.0 -> 4.5.2

Hi,

I just tried to upgrade my 4.0 site to 4.5 ... i was able to fix most of the problems that arised myself but for one problem I couldn't find a solution:

There are no packages showing up under the "Installed packages" tree in the Developer section. I had a dozen of them installed - nothing. I tried to upgrade the backup of my site again in case I made a mistake but same thing happened again.

In the data folder, the installedPackages.xml file is there, and it includes all packages that have been installed in my 4.0 installation.

Why is that? I suspended the upgrade and currently continue to run the 4.0 installation as this could cause major headaches later.

Hope someone can help me out of here :)

Thank you!

Sep 14, 2010 @ 14:40
    Bernhard König

Anybody? :(

Has there something changed with the package management from 4.0 to 4.5?

Because I noticed that fresh installed packages (after upgrading to 4.5) don't show up in the installedPackages.xml ... while they are visible in the UI.

• Bas Schouten 135 posts 233 karma points
    Sep 21, 2010 @ 21:02
    Bas Schouten

Hi Bernhard,

Today I had the same problem. I found that the location of the installed packages has changed. You can copy the data of "data/packages/installed/installedPackages.config" to "App_Data/packages/installed/installedPackages.config".

Bas

Sep 22, 2010 @ 00:37
    Bernhard König

Hi Bas,

thank you so much, that's it! 

How you found out? Was this change documented anywhere? I searched for hours :(

Finally I can upgrade to 4.5!

Thanks again!

Bernhard

• Bas Schouten 135 posts 233 karma points
    Sep 22, 2010 @ 09:08
    Bas Schouten

Hi Bernhard,

I found out by searching the folders because I had the same problem. After installing a new package I just searched all the soure code's on the new package name.

Bas 

• Joe Niemann 11 posts 32 karma points
    Feb 08, 2011 @ 22:41
    Joe Niemann

Bernard,

I did what you suggested above, but did not have the same sucess. Any other ideas?

Joe

Feb 09, 2011 @ 13:40
    Bernhard König

Hi Joe,

the problem was the changed folder. So maybe you are facing a completely different problem. Have you checked if the content of your xml file makes sense?

You have also upgraded from 4.0 to 4.5.2?

cheers
    b.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft