Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yovav Gad 41 posts 62 karma points
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 20:35
    Yovav Gad

There can be only one 'master' directive

Dear Umbraco,

I've installed the latest version (v450.zip) and had to exclude two web services:

umbraco\webservices\tagService.asmx

umbraco\webservices\ultimatePickerAutoSuggest.asmx

coz it would not compile otherwise,

Now I'm getting this error when running it in IIS:

Any idea why ?

Server Error in '/U' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Parser Error
    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: There can be only one 'master' directive.

Source Error:

Line 2: 
    Line 3:  <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolderDefault" runat="server">
    Line 4:  <%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="/umbraco/masterpages/default.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>
    Line 5:  <asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolderDefault" runat="server">
    Line 6: 

Source File: /U/masterpages/RunwayMaster.master    Line: 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

• Yovav Gad 41 posts 62 karma points
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 20:36
    Yovav Gad

By the way, you get this error also if you don't comment these two web services...

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 21:01
    Stefan Kip

Sorry, but this really sounds like a corrupted download or something similar...

A clean install should work out of the box (I've tried it)

• Tom Madden 252 posts 454 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 21:45
    Tom Madden

For most uses you don't need to use the Umbraco source, you would usually start off using xslt, then develop further with Usercontrols and/or xslt extensions or httpModules. It's only if you need to do something completely different or if you find a bug that you can't wait for the core team to fix that you would need the source code, especially if your new to Umbraco, and even then you will be out of sync with the main project and have to maintain your custom version through future upgrades (4.5.1 is due soon).

I made the same assumption as you when I started Umbraco, but in nearly 2 years of regularly use, I've never had to touch the source code, though it depends on your plans for it.

HTH
    Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft