Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Billy Koch 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jul 08, 2010 @ 20:34
    Billy Koch

Error when installing Umbraco 4.5 (Database section)

When I install Umbraco 4.5 when I get to the part to setup/install the DB I would get an error page - then I would click the back button on my browser and then redo it again and then it goes through just fine.  I am not sure if this is just an individual thing or something that has been seen by others.  I have done this install on 3 different sites and got the same result every time. 

Also don't know if it is my host issue as well - But after wards everything seems to be fine and am able to run Umbraco.  I just find it weird to get an error page during the installation portion of DB and then it works.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 12, 2010 @ 13:24
    Tim

Do you have the text of the error message that you could paste here?

Jul 14, 2010 @ 03:42
    Billy Koch

Okay I tried it again - twice - I dont know if it is my host but this is the error message I get - steps as well - This is for 4.5

==============================================================================================================

Past Step 2/5 Database configuration

Database connection succeeded.  Next Step is adding umbraco tables.

Press the install button to install the Umbraco 4.5.0 database

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot find the object "dbo.cmsContentType" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot find the object "dbo.cmsContentType" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot find the object "dbo.cmsContentType" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.]

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2030802

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5009584

System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234

System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async) +228

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +326

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +137

Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +56

Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +83

umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelpers.SqlServer.SqlServerHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, SqlParameter[] parameters) +116

umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +148

[SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery]

umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters) +229

umbraco.DataLayer.Utility.Installer.DefaultInstallerUtility`1.ExecuteStatements(String statements) +509

umbraco.DataLayer.Utility.Installer.DefaultInstallerUtility`1.NewInstall(String sql) +38

umbraco.DataLayer.Utility.Installer.DefaultInstallerUtility`1.Install() +134

umbraco.presentation.install.steps.detect.install_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +53

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Press the back button

Press Install again - works fine.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 12:48
    Tim

So on the second time it works ok? Odd. What level of permissions does the database login you are using have? It might be worth raising this as a bug on Codeplex if you've managed to get the error more than once.

• mcskele 9 posts 71 karma points
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 14:35
    mcskele

I also get this exact error EVERY time i do a fresh install of 4.5. (My dbuser should be root)

But my installation is NOT working fine afterwards, check out my thread here 

but i dont think these things are related...

thomas

Jul 15, 2010 @ 06:05
    Billy Koch

Okay Im running mine off .NET 4.0 and according to yours you indicated you were installing off .NET 3.5 - and Im running mine off full trust - you indicated you were running yours off medium trust.  So there is a slight variation there.  But it is weird though.  I am still playing around with 4.5 I love some of the new features on it.  But not 100% sold on it with some of the issues I am currently seeing from others who have posted issues.  I have never managed to upgrade a successful upgrade from 4.0 to 4.5 so instead I just redid it with a clean install.   *sigh*   It should be temporary though!  :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft