Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ruurd 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 04, 2010 @ 20:40
    Ruurd

Installing umbraco WPI several errors

Hello I installed the web platform.

After that I installed the wpi umbraco.(I gave it a name, maybe that was the mistake)

When I start the localhost I get

Config Error The configuration section 'system.web.extensions' cannot be read because it is missing a section declaration
    Config File \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\UmbracoTestl\web.config

I commented it ou and then I get:

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

Line 64:           <add verb="*" path="umbraco/channels/word.aspx" type="umbraco.presentation.channels.wordApi, umbraco"/>
    Line 65:        </httpHandlers>
    Line 66:     <compilation defaultLanguage="c#" debug="true" batch="false"  targetFramework="4.0" >
    Line 67:       <assemblies>
    Line 68:         <!-- ASPNETAJAX -->

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\UmbracoTestl\web.config    Line: 66

I removed the target framework then I get:

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Someone wrote it is a smooth install  ?!

I am running a clean Windows 7  and installed the wpi so it runs visual webdevelopper and sqlexpress 2008 R2.

please help. 

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 04, 2010 @ 21:36
    Dirk De Grave

Yup, you should leave the application name blank, otherwise it'll not be installed in the root of the web, which may cause issues such as the ones you're experiencing now...

v4.5+ should solve that issue, but don't think the 4.5 is yet supported through web pi.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

• Ruurd 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 09, 2010 @ 01:51
    Ruurd

ok, that worked thnx

• Richard 12 posts 32 karma points
    Aug 16, 2010 @ 20:31
    Richard

Hi - I get exactly the same errors as above. Could you please clarify what you mean by leaving the application name blank? 

I think in my case it is something to do with Classic .NET Application Pool using .NET v2.0 but we are specifying the .net v4.0 in the umbraco config file. I tried changing the Application Pool to use the .NET 4.0 framework and this gave me a different error...

The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the ISAPI and CGI Restriction list settings on the Web server.

I am now at a loss - I have spent the whole day going through this tutorial...step by step... and over and over... 

http://umbraco.org/documentation/books/install-umbraco-4-on-windows-vista

Would appreciate any insight on the above... Thanks

Richard.

• Richard 12 posts 32 karma points
    Aug 18, 2010 @ 15:08
    Richard

Hi - I have solved it - ref - http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/10115-Issues-installing-Umbraco-45 - Comment from Morten Bock about setting the Application Pools setting to "Integrated" mode. What I did was on Application Pools I changed the Classic.NET AppPool to use v4.0 instead of v2.0 - then also set it to "Integrated" mode. I then stopped and started the Application Pools - then stopped and started IIS and I got the Umbraco install page to work.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft