Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Rees 27 posts 57 karma points
    Mar 21, 2018 @ 15:42
    Richard Rees

Getting MNTP data for a custom property on a certain member type

Hi,

I have a custom membertype (called StandardMember). StandardMember has a property called "location" that uses a Multi node Tree Picker 2 to allow selection of one or more locations the standardmember could reside at.

I want to retrieve all members that reside at a certain location. I've really been struggling to get this data out via the API.

I've tried MemberService.GetMembersByPropertyValue("location", "Location1") but that returns nothing in the enumeration.

If I debug and inspect a member that has multiple locations, unlike document types where I get a strongly typed collection, for membertypes it seems to return a string that looks a bit like "umb:{Guid}.

So I'm guessing that the really cool strongly typed stuff we get with doc types isn't there for member types.

So how do I get my data out, and how can I search for members by location?

Thanks for your help.

Rich

• Richard Rees 27 posts 57 karma points
    Mar 21, 2018 @ 21:44
    Richard Rees

To add further info, when I debug and inspect the member I can see 9 properties

The 8th property is my bespoke location property.

When I look at the value for this property it shows

umb://document/628f50721cae483c8514a0fa8e2e27d1,umb://document/8f27ac2e3dcf400280cb59d6332f8a16

I'm guessing those are the two locations I selected for this member. It feels like I'm just missing some kind of conversion?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft