Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shola 65 posts 273 karma points
    Feb 19, 2018 @ 22:36
    Shola

Examine TempEnvDirectoryFactory: Where exactly are the indexes stored in Azure?

Hello,

I'm using the recommended TempEnvDirectoryFactory for all directory factories in all ExamineIndexProviders (Examine v0.1.88). My external index path is as follows:

<IndexSet SetName="ExternalIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/External/" />

The site is hosted on Azure using flexible load balancing. Everything works great--search functionality is working as it should.

My question is: Where exactly is the ExamineIndexes folder under this setup? I've searched in the following directories to no avail:

D:\local\Temp\
    D:\home\site\wwwroot\App_Data\TEMP\

Thanks!

• Shola 65 posts 273 karma points
    Feb 19, 2018 @ 23:15
    Shola

For anyone wondering, this is the solution:

https://serverfault.com/a/826730

Turns out that Kudu has its own %temp% that's different from the web app's temp folder that Examine uses. This is why the indexes aren't visible until you set WEBSITE_DISABLE_SCM_SEPARATION=true.

• Aaron 22 posts 93 karma points
    Oct 08, 2020 @ 03:56
    Aaron

Further to this question my understanding is that in the case of a load balanced environment the TempEnvDirectoryFactory:

a. retains a central index store on the 'remote file system', to which only only the master instance can write,

b. copies changes to the central index store to each slave instance's Azure local store under d:\local\temp\ExamineIndexes.

Can someone in the know please advise if this understanding is correct, and where exactly this central index store is located.

I can see temporary files under d:\local\temp\ExamineIndexes but I don't know where the central store is located, and it isn't document afaik.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft