Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Aug 09, 2017 @ 08:31
    Ayo Adesina

Code Garden 2017 Umbrangular. - Details View VS Edit View

Hi Guys,

I am working on a project that is going to require a custom section and tree in the back office. After a bit of research I found a brilliant talk from Code garden 2017.

So I downloaded the code here: https://github.com/umbraco/umbrangular

I have managed to create a custom tree and section.

When I click one of the nodes in my custom tree, my edit view loads sucsessfully and I can save the name of the node back to my custom database.

However when I click away and then click another node or the same node in the custom tree I get a 404 error becuase Umbraco is looking for the details view for that node. (I haven't created it yet)

What I want to know is two things.

1. In regards to the Umbrangular sample project, what is the point of the details view, why do you need a details view and an edit view?

2. At the moment, the first time I go to the custom section click a custom node, change the name, it is saved successfully to the database.....BUT......

A. The custom tree does not refresh, if I reload the page then it displays the new name. How can I tell umbraco to reload the tree?

B. If I try and go to another section after I have saved, I get the umbraco warning asking for me if I want to disgard changes, even though the changes have already been saved. Why is this happening?

Thanks In advance.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft