Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Jul 18, 2017 @ 22:59
    John C Scott

Document with Upload History

When a file is stored in Umbraco either in the media library or as a file upload document property the normal Save & Publish workflow is defeated. As soon as the file is changed in the back office (ignoring any file replication) then the file is changed instantly on the live website. In the case of the media library as soon as the save button is clicked, and in the case of a file upload DT for save or publish the outcome is the same. So if an editor changes the file selected by a page it is not possible for that changed file to be published at a later time, or for the changes to the node/page/document to be reviewed before the changes go live. One scenario where this was problematic was where editors had the permission to upload documents and describe them but they have to be tested for accessibility tagging, and tagged if necessary, before they could be published by an administrative user. The tools and experience to do this are within the admin team and could not be expected of the general website editor or contributor.

So I'm trying to create a new data type that can do this.

SO FAR… You can see the very limited progress here: https://github.com/johncscott/dwuh I’ve built a few angular based data types that have worked but this one so far has proven to me that I still don’t really understand what I’m doing yet. I took the existing file upload control and tried to remove code as this is not concerned with loading images or displaying thumbnails and only 1 file upload is required. Showing a table of the historical versions should be simple but even that has beaten me, a simple static html table is not showing for some reason. I’m stuck, all advice gratefully received! Thanks in Advance.

Collaborators highly appreciated :) and more detail of the requirements are in a google doc here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1luDf8WaYZwCBPN0qmnNIt0S49-AE2pP-kV5FoN28CF8/edit?usp=sharing

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft