Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sigal-barak 1 post 71 karma points
    Feb 28, 2017 @ 11:00
    sigal-barak

Is there a (color)high-contrast plugin/tool/addon that works with Umbraco?

I need to help my client with his Umbraco website,to meet the WCAG.2 accessibilty standards, and for that I am searching for a color-contrast-switcher plugin to install on his website. Is there an already built-one or do I have to build it from scratch, and how complicated is it?

• Bex 444 posts 555 karma points
    Mar 08, 2017 @ 16:56
    Bex

You could do something like this post suggests (albeit a bit old)

https://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/xslt/34332-CSS-Style-Swicther-using-XSLT

Where you just do separate style sheets and switch them out based on a parameter. This would be for the front end.

If you needed this for the backend, this would be a whole different game.

• James Jackson-South 489 posts 1747 karma points c-trib
    Jun 14, 2017 @ 04:11
    James Jackson-South

Hi there,

What standards are you trying to reach. A, AA, or AAA?

Are you trying to make the backoffice or the public facing website reach those standards?

If it's the public facing website you really should be making the default color scheme match those standards which would negate the need for changes. If you can't do that an Umbraco plugin would be of no help anyway since you are working with the front end. An alternative stylesheet, and a little bit of JavaScript to switch the styles would be enough.

If it's the backoffice I would suggest you raise issues for any items failing accessibility standards so that all can benefit.

Cheers

James

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft