Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Jan 31, 2017 @ 13:54
    Martin Griffiths

Which server backoffice icons

Does anyone know of a package that lets you clearly define (lets say by a nice obvious coloured icon) which server you're using in the back office?

We currently run QA/UAT/Production servers for one of our main Umbraco projects and there's some concern from QA that it would be all too easy to make changes to the wrong node if not paying enough attention to the URL.

I recall there being something along those lines but I couldn't find anything and I am now thinking it might have been a thread about UaaS.

Thanks Martin

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14697 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Jan 31, 2017 @ 16:42
    Kevin Jump

Hi

i think you're remembering the cms-environment-indicator package.

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/cms-environment-indicator

Kevin

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jan 31, 2017 @ 17:15
    Lee Kelleher

@Kevin - thanks!

@Martin - small word of warning, the current version of CMS Environment Indicator makes use of ImageProcessor...

But as of Umbraco v7.5, there are restrictions placed on ImageProcessor config options, (see here)... boo!

The good news is that we've worked around these (see here)... yey! But I haven't released a new version yet... boo!
    Then again it's ultimately a single JavaScript file, so you can always grab the latest from GitHub: cms-environment-indicator.js Yey!

...and breathe :-)

Cheers,
    - Lee

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Feb 01, 2017 @ 10:13
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Lee

You're a Gentleman and a scholar as always!

The package worked great, I re-enabled tint in the imageprocessor config file and all worked as expected.

The QA folks will be very pleased.

Kind regards Martin

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2017 @ 10:19
    Lee Kelleher

Cool, that's great to hear! :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft