Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacques S. 5 posts 25 karma points
    May 31, 2010 @ 15:34
    Jacques S.

recursive nice URL

I'm pretty new to xslt and I'm trying to get the "NiceUrl" from a node, defined on a parent page. Here's how I thought doing it:

1. To get a reference to the link on the parent page, one would use:
      <xsl:variable name="homelink" select="$currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node [string(data[@alias='homelink'])!=''] [position()=1] /data[@alias='homelink']"/>
    2. To convert a link from a "content picker" datatype to a real link, one would use:
      <xsl:variable name="whatlink" select="umbraco.library:NiceUrl($currentPage/data[@alias='whatlink'])"/>
    3. Now I want to combine both: get the real URL pointing to a "content-picker" datatype from a parent page. Hence I thought combining both items above into the following:
      <xsl:variable name="testlink" select="umbraco.library:NiceUrl($currentPage/ancestor-or-self::node [string(data[@alias='homelink'])!=''] [position()=1] /data[@alias='homelink'])"/>

When trying to save this last "testlink" I only get the following error messages:

(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime) 
    at Root(XmlQueryRuntime {urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt-debug}runtime)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(Object defaultDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter writer, Boolean closeWriter)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XmlILCommand.Execute(IXPathNavigable contextDocument, XmlResolver dataSources, XsltArgumentList argumentList, XmlWriter results)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.Transform(IXPathNavigable input, XsltArgumentList arguments, TextWriter results)
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging)

Wha

• Jacques S. 5 posts 25 karma points
    May 31, 2010 @ 15:46
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft