Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• pat 124 posts 346 karma points
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 09:13
    pat

umbraco upgrade 4.7.2 to 4.8.1 - xslt errors

i have follow the instructions on version specific upgrade and we are using ucomponents, so I have installed new version of ucomponents before upgrade.

and then copy the folders over and complete upgrading wizard. but failed. I am getting xslt errors

please reply solutions if you have faced same situation and know how to overcome

i really need to upgrade the site to umbraco v6 , site is quite large got lot of pages.

Thanks

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 09:17
  • Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 09:23
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Pat,

Did you also remember to merge the config files in the /config folder, and merge the web.config file, I have often seen people are messing these steps merging configuration files.

See the documentation here: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/installation/upgrading/general

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 24, 2015 @ 09:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pat

As Dennis says it can be an issue with the config files - More specifically it may be the /config/xsltExtensions.config file that does not have the correct references to certain .dll files anymore.

However it can also be that there are some dll's in the /bin folder that needs to be removed for some reason.

Just my 2 cents :)

/Jan

Jun 24, 2015 @ 16:30
    pat

hi all, I have checked config file look fine, I have tried workaround too but failed again.

any other suggestions please

Jun 24, 2015 @ 16:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pat

Could you post a screendump of the specific error you're getting?

Also...are there any further details in the umbracoLog table in the database?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Jun 25, 2015 @ 09:56
    pat

Hi it just says Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\Menu.xslt

when i tried ?umbdebugshowtrace=true give nothing

Jun 25, 2015 @ 09:59
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pat

Ok, so is that the only XSLT error that you see?

/Jan

Jun 25, 2015 @ 10:00
    Jan Skovgaard

...And when you did the upgrade did you also do this step in order to make sure uComponents would not act up? https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/ucomponents/questionssuggestions/33021-Upgrading-to-Umbraco-48-breaks-support-for-uComponents

/Jan

Jun 25, 2015 @ 10:19
    pat

Jan,

well all xslt files broken , its everywhere sub menu, breadcrumbs , meta tags , side banners

yes I did follow the workaround and then , we were using ucomponents 2.1 and there is know upgrade option, so I did install v5 after umbraco upgrade

in this workaround post down the line there is a post from firepol about deleting old ucomponents package from app_data\packages\installed\installedPackages.config

I tried that as well but no luck

Jun 25, 2015 @ 10:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Pat

Ok, just had to double check since it matters if it's all XSLT files that fails or if it's only one. If it was only one it would be another problem.

My main issue right now is that I'm almost certain that I know what the issue is...the problem is that I can't get my hands on the solution. I have seen this one before and the fix is either removing one or more dll's or adding references to assemblies in the /config/xsltExtensions.config file.

I have dealt with this error more than once back in the days...:)

What does your xsltExtensions.config file look like? And can you see a diff of what it looked like before upgrading? (Are you using version control?).

/Jan

Jun 25, 2015 @ 11:08
    pat

its all xslt files gives same error

I have comment all assembly content of that file

Jun 25, 2015 @ 11:09
    pat

enter image description here

Jun 26, 2015 @ 07:36
    pat

I have done the upgrade again from the beginning no progress. but I have notice that when i tried to save or create new xslt file I get error about CookComputing.XmlRpcV2

This is what is says System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'CookComputing.XmlRpcV2, Version=2.2.0.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

any help ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft