Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Miguel Henriques 5 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 01, 2009 @ 01:06
    Miguel Henriques

Getting the same news from two diffent pages

Hi,

I'm trying to do my first web site in umbraco. I have installed the Creative Website Starter and I am using the news and events xslt/macro. I had no problem creating a news page to hold all news but now I would like to have the last three also at the home page. Because each news is a node of the news page, they are not acessible from the homepage!

As far as I understand from the code, the line <xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/node"> used at the xslt is getting all the nodes of the current (news) page. If I use this macro at the homepage, it will bring me all the nodes of it, not the nodes of the news page.

I guess this should be easy!

Thanks for any help,

Miguel

• Chris Dunn 75 posts 127 karma points
    Oct 01, 2009 @ 01:24
    Chris Dunn

You will need to make a call to select all decendants of the home page with the given documentTypeAlias of the News Item.

<xsl:for-each select="$currentPage/descendant::node [@nodeTypeAlias = 'NewsItem'">

Replace NewsItem with whatever the exact alias is for a news item is in CWS.

-Chris

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Oct 01, 2009 @ 02:38
    bob baty-barr

you can access the content from ANYWHERE in your site if you access it in this way...

<xsl:for-each select="umbraco.library:GetXmlAll()//node[@nodeTypeAlias = 'yourNewsItemAlias' ]">

do some stuff

</xsl:for-each>

i use this syntax quite often to list items of certain types - hope it helps.

• Finn 86 posts 50 karma points
    Oct 01, 2009 @ 22:13
    Finn

Hi Miguel

You can find a lot of the information you need from this old post: http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst7908_Making-a-newslist.aspx

Hope it helps you further.

/Finn

• Miguel Henriques 5 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 01, 2009 @ 23:32
    Miguel Henriques

Thanks for all answers!

It's working now.

Miguel

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft