Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zalan 7 posts 27 karma points
    May 27, 2012 @ 22:08
    Zalan

Error parsing XSLT file

Hi guys ,

I've been browsin the forum for 2 days now, and I couldn't find any solution which is workin for me,

I got this  "Error parsing XSLT file:" error message whenever I try to use a package,

I have tried several umbraco package but it seems that all of them has this problem... Is it with the umbraco or just my lack of knowledge?

• Jordy Vialoux 73 posts 103 karma points
    May 28, 2012 @ 01:12
    Jordy Vialoux

This error generally means there is something wrong with your code.

We could help you more if you would paste your code.

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    May 28, 2012 @ 07:35
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Zalan, welcome to the forum!

As Jordy mentions the "Error parsing XSLT file" usually means that there is a syntax error in your XSLT file.  Often these can be difficult to pinpoint.

Try adding "?umbDebugShowTrace=true" querystring to your page URL, this will give you information about how the page is being created. Any errors should be highlighted in red text.  Hopefully this will give you the cause of the problem.

Good luck!

Cheers, Lee.

May 28, 2012 @ 08:53
    Zalan

Hi! Thanks for the fast reply :)

I have tried that "?umbDebugShowTrace=true" and I got this error for my Xslt Search :

umbracoMacro InnerExceptionThe

'ext' start tag on line 7 position 2 does not match the end tag of 'XsltExtensions'. Line 8, position 3.
    The 'ext' start tag on line 7 position 2 does not match the end tag of 'XsltExtensions'. Line 8, position 3.
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
      at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
      at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
      at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
      at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
      at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
      at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl()
      at umbraco.macro.<GetXsltExtensions>b__6()
      at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters)
      at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)

May 28, 2012 @ 08:56
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Zalan,

Double-check line 7 of your XSLT... does anything look wrong with a tag starting with "ext" or one called "XsltExtensions"?  I'm sure it's something trivial like a missing closing-slash?

Feel free to copy-n-paste a snippet of your XSLT if you can't find it.

Cheers, Lee.

May 28, 2012 @ 09:05
    Zalan

Hi I can't see anything unusual in in the frist 7 row , I copy it hope It tells more to you:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
      <!ENTITY nbsp "&#x00A0;">
    ]>
    <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
      xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
      xmlns:msxml="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
      xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"
      xmlns:umbraco.library="urn:umbraco.library"
      xmlns:PS.XSLTsearch="urn:PS.XSLTsearch"
      exclude-result-prefixes="msxml umbraco.library PS.XSLTsearch">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes" /> 

May 28, 2012 @ 09:08
    Lee Kelleher

Ah ha, I've got it, sorry I didn't seen this sooner.  The error is actually in your "/config/xsltExtensions.config" file.  It sounds like one of the <ext> tags isn't being closed properly.

Cheers, Lee.

May 28, 2012 @ 09:12
    Zalan

Uhm, I copy it to you if you don't mind since I don't know anything about xml :D Thank you :)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<XsltExtensions>

<!--

This file is used to register 3rt party xslt extensions (methods you can execute from xslt, like umbraco.library:NiceUrl)

<ext assembly="assemblyName" type="assemblyName.namespace.type" alias="custom">

-->

<ext assembly="uComponents.Core" type="uComponents.Core.nXsltExtensions.Strings" alias="uComponents.strings">

</XsltExtensions>

May 28, 2012 @ 09:15
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Zalan,

Here is the cleaned up XML.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <XsltExtensions>
        <ext assembly="uComponents.Core" type="uComponents.Core.XsltExtensions.Strings" alias="ucomponents.strings" />
    </XsltExtensions>

Luckily I also noticed a typo in the uComponents extension, which I've corrected for you. ;-)

Cheers, Lee.

May 28, 2012 @ 09:20
    Zalan

Hi Lee, now I have this error message :

umbracoMacro InnerExceptionUnable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Core, Version=1.1.0.19647, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.References, Version=1.0.10920.32880, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.References, Version=1.0.10920.32880, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Core, Version=1.1.0.19647, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:
      at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute)
      at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl()
      at umbraco.macro.<GetXsltExtensions>b__6()
      at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions()
      at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters)
      at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)0,02305425689577870,021928

May 28, 2012 @ 09:24
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Zalan,

Whoah, not having much fun with your Umbraco install so far? :-(

The "Umbraco.Forms" assemblies are part of the Contour package.  Have you tried to install and uninstall that package?  If so, it appears to have left an assembly in your /bin folder.  Ways to solve this - if you want to use Contour, then re-install it ... if not, then go into your /bin folder and delete the "Umbraco.Forms.Core.dll".

Cheers, Lee.

May 28, 2012 @ 09:31
    Zalan

Yaaayy It is working now :)) I have deleted the dll file... :)

Thanks for your effort Lee I am really grateful for your help!

May 28, 2012 @ 09:33
    Lee Kelleher

Cool, happy that it's working for you now!

Cheers, Lee

• Greg Mattison 40 posts 60 karma points
    Oct 23, 2012 @ 19:22
    Greg Mattison

Hello, we're having an issue where all of the areas using XSLT on the site are throwing the "error parsing XSLT" error and don't know what's causing it. There are multiple different XSLT/macros involved and all seem to be throwing the error, whcih you can see here:

http://bizlibrary.beta.habanero.com/learning-management/ - cogworks navigation

http://bizlibrary.beta.habanero.com/ - u.mediaSliders rotator and navigation

Can anyone provide some insight or direction?  Thanks.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Oct 23, 2012 @ 21:33
    Tom Fulton

Hi Greg,

Try turning on umbDebugMode in your web.config, then visit one of those pages and add ?umbdebugshowtrace=1 to the URL.  This will output a trace at the bottom of the page and should give you a better error message on the maceo failures.

Hope this helps,
    -Tom

• Jacob Phillips 34 posts 84 karma points
    Dec 11, 2012 @ 21:53
    Jacob Phillips

Zalan,

I followed the documentation for manually installing UmbracoContour_3.0.1_Manual_Install.zip and the .pdf has the following addition for xsltExtensions.config:

<ext assembly="/bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core" type="Umbraco.Forms.Library" alias="umbraco.contour">

Should be

<ext assembly="/bin/Umbraco.Forms.Core" type="Umbraco.Forms.Library" alias="umbraco.contour" />

Thanks for posting, you just saved me time.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft