Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alex Burr 77 posts 128 karma points
    Aug 03, 2011 @ 18:53
    Alex Burr

StripParagraph doesn't work around macros?

Hi, I love the stripParagraph="true" property of Umbraco tags in the MasterPages. However I've noticed that when placing this property on a RichText field, the <p> tags are still added around any macros added within the editor alongside other content. 

For example, I have a "sidebar" field using richtext. If I add my "subnavigation" macro into this field, everything goes great. However, if I then add additional content below the macro in the richtext editor (call to action buttons, related links, etc. Umbraco will wrap only the macro in a superfluous <p> tag.

Is there a workaround for this? It looks really bad. I would like to have the subnavigation available as an option to page editors which is why I created it as an editor macro in the first place.

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Aug 03, 2011 @ 21:03
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Alex,

One solution you could try is make some changes to your stylesheet associated to this part of the RTE. You could tell call  a class like this, i did this on one of my projects.

.style p{font:normal 12px/14px arial;}

Aug 03, 2011 @ 21:10
    Alex Burr

Hi Fuji,

The issue isn't within the RTE itself... clicking the HTML button on the RTE doesn't show a P tag wrapped around the macro. The tag only appears on render when browsing the page output.

Personally I think it's an Umbraco bug. This has been reported on CodePlex already but hasn't received any attention:

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/29958

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/28669 

Aug 03, 2011 @ 21:20
    Alex Burr

FYI I decided to use a workaround and create a Macro Container property on the page(s) instead. Annoying but better than nothing.

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Aug 03, 2011 @ 21:20
    Fuji Kusaka

Cant argue on this!!....:) Have never used v4.6.1.....But even if its being rendered by the browser you should be able to style the <p> and get ride of all the Line-hieght and spacing though.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft