Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ronak Panchal 71 posts 230 karma points
    Feb 29, 2016 @ 12:36
    Ronak Panchal

Rich Text Editor value always return with <p></p> tag.

Hello all,

I install Umbraco version 7.4.1.

I made one parent document type and set one template to it and allow this document type at root.

I made one Child document type with rich text editor property and also set one template to it and allow this document type below parent.

I made one content page of parent document type after that i create child pages.

Now,I need child node of parent document type. so i write below code for it.

var items = Umbraco.TypedContentAtRoot().Where("DocumentTypeAlias == \"parentDoctypeAlias\"").FirstOrDefault().Children;
    foreach (var item in items) 
        {
             var teststring= item.GetPropertyValue<string>("proprtyalias", true);
        }

value of teststring is always return with <p>sample string</p> for my requirement i must use RTE.

I tried to Edit tinyMceConfig.config file,i added one line of code into it as shown below,but it is not working.

<config key="forced_root_block"></config>

Any Help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Ronak Panchal.

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 29, 2016 @ 12:47
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Ronak,

You can render your data like that :

@Umbraco.Field("fieldName", removeParagraphTags:true)

Did you try to change it like in this post - http://scottsdevblog.com/2011/08/get-rid-of-those-pesky-p-tags-in-umbracos-tinymce-editor/

Thanks

• Ronak Panchal 71 posts 230 karma points
    Mar 01, 2016 @ 05:06
    Ronak Panchal

Hi alex,

I need tried http://scottsdevblog.com/2011/08/get-rid-of-those-pesky-p-tags-in-umbracos-tinymce-editor/

but its not working.

can you please explain me how to use@Umbraco.Field("fieldName", removeParagraphTags:true) on another template.

i use var teststring= item.GetPropertyValue<string>("proprtyalias", true); as you see in my question.

Thanks

Ronak

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Mar 01, 2016 @ 13:34
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Ronak,

If you want to get Umbraco.Field from current page you have to use @Umbraco.Field("fieldName", removeParagraphTags:true).

If you want to get Umbraco.Field from items in foreach, try to use:

var items = Umbraco.TypedContentAtRoot().Where("DocumentTypeAlias == \"parentDoctypeAlias\"").FirstOrDefault().Children;
                foreach (var item in items)
                {
                    var teststring = Umbraco.Field(item, "proprtyalias", removeParagraphTags: true);
                }

Thanks

• Manikandan 15 posts 96 karma points
    Mar 01, 2016 @ 06:44
    Manikandan

Try Like this

@Html.Raw(Teststring)

It will show the output without any tags

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft