Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aditya.A 77 posts 96 karma points
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 09:59
    Aditya.A

Creating multilingual site

Hello all,

I have to create a multilingula site..please be patient while reading my below comments.

1. I already have the site in English,i should not do any changes in this site

2.Now i have to create site in 2 diffent languages. There shuld be a lable in the hader with the languages to chose

ie germany and italy.

3. if i click on italy the site shuld navigate to italy site (entirely diff domen) and vice versa.

The language seletion links shuld be available in germany and italy sites only.

.... Now can any one suggest how.

> i can create a copy of english site to create german an italy

> cange the domains of newly creted site

> inset the lables and functionality to change from one lang to another (i mean change in the whole domain)

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 11:10
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi,

1. Add a new language to you under Settings  Languages (Germain, Italy)

2.  Then Right Click on the Home Node (EN) and choose Copy. When the pop up screen appears choose the Content  as the root assuming you have a structure such as

Content 
    -- Home (EN)
    --- Article 1
    --- Article 2

3. When done Right Click on the New Homepage (Germain) and make use of Manage Hostname to set the language.

One last thing you might need to use the Dictionary Items under settings. Dictionary Items will allow you to make changes to sohisme Hard Coded part of your website.

Hope this helps

Aug 05, 2013 @ 11:15
    Aditya.A

Thats great..thank u for your valuble help.

Then one small question..how can i add two lables GERMANY and ITALY (i mean the macro) in the site

from which user can switch between the two languages?

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Aug 05, 2013 @ 11:20
    Fuji Kusaka

You mean adding a link to the other Website ? You can make use of Xslt or Razor and add some dictionary Item in there.

Aug 05, 2013 @ 11:24
    Aditya.A

Thank a lot u have save my dayy :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft