Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Oscar Svedberg 19 posts 82 karma points
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 19:58
    Oscar Svedberg

Embed external media as Macro

Hello people!

I have been searching this forum high and low for a solution but have come up short, so I'll just ask the question myself :) I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, if so feel free to close this topic.

I would like to have a macro where I can, with the help of OEmbed, embed videos, sounds or images in the exact same way I can with the Grid Embed Editor.

Is there a way to use a grid editor as a macro? Or a simple way of "duplicating" that functionality into a macro?

I could of course create a macro with a simple textstring parameter, but then I wouldn't get the pretty preview in the flyout.

Thanks in advance for some pointers in the right direction!

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 20, 2015 @ 10:40
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Oscar,

Maybe you can use my package. This will install a property editor that will allow you to embed video's, etc...like the one in the RTE.

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/oembed-picker-property-editor

It is also available through nuget.

Dave

Feb 24, 2015 @ 01:07
    Oscar Svedberg

Hi!

Thanks for that, it's exactly what I'm looking for but in the form of a Macro parameter :) Doesn't seem to be possible though, so I'll have to figure something else out. Will definitely use your package though!

/Oscar

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 24, 2015 @ 10:00
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Oscar,

Nice idea. In a next release of the package it will be possible to use it as marco parameter editor

Feb 24, 2015 @ 18:36
    Oscar Svedberg

Awesome, that would be neat :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft