Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 14:50
    Warren Buckley

DataType Suggestion: ImageEditor

Hello all,
    I was just thinking it would be nice to have an image editor datatype, where a client could upload a photo from their digital camera and use a 3rd party such as Aviary or Picnik todo the image editing and for them to send back the edited image.

http://www.picnik.com/info/api
    http://aviary.com/blog/posts/announcing-our-api

Aviary and Picnik both have API's but to be honest I dont know where to start.
    Any suggestions or offers to help out?

Do you think its a good idea or bad one?

• Kenneth Solberg 227 posts 418 karma points
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 15:34
    Kenneth Solberg

I'm actually waiting for the falcon API (Image Markup) to ship (Even sent them an email this morning to get a date =) - The Image Markup hits the sweet spot imho as the Image Editor (Phoenix) is kinda complex for most users?

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 16:26
    Warren Buckley

Yeh possibly Phoenix is maybe a little too complicated, but maybe we could create two versions? Simple Image Editor and Advanced Image editor?

What do you think?

• Kenneth Solberg 227 posts 418 karma points
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 22:28
    Kenneth Solberg

Yeah, the API is pretty simple and seems to be more or less the same across all the apps so I guess a PrevalueEditor where you can select what app the current rendercontrol should use would do.

• Gerben 41 posts 136 karma points
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 23:55
    Gerben

Yeah I saw the Picnik application integrated into MailChimp. Works quite nice actually. So it is proven technology, now we only need a datatype!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft