Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• adamsimsy 31 posts 46 karma points
    May 09, 2011 @ 14:55
    adamsimsy

Multiple Start Node in Content?

Is it possible to have multiple "Start Node in Content" nodes configured for a user?

Requirement for this is for a multiple site solution where a central news repository is used for all sites. Users will be restricted to adding content within their website, but will add news to a central repository so that News can be displayed within their site or at a Collective/National level.

Solutions or alternative suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Adam

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    May 09, 2011 @ 15:32
    May 09, 2011 @ 17:23
    adamsimsy

Thanks for the link Jeroen.

Without testing in depth i can see how the solutions provided in this thread allows configuration of "browsing" multiple nodes through Umbraco. The real draw back with this and a few other security features is this can't be done on a Role basis. 

The code example too is useful and may explore that approach as we may be automatically mapping users after authenticating them with a third party identity provider.

Thanks again for the link and for anyone who has searched and found this thread, the SOLUTION provided by Jeroen is here ---> http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/13952-User-permissions-multiple-Start-Node-in-Content-editing

May 09, 2011 @ 17:33
    Jeroen Breuer

You could also mark my post as the solution since that would make it easier for people to find.

Jeroen

May 10, 2011 @ 10:16
    adamsimsy

Do i mark the reply as solution by "High fiving" it? As i can't currently high five as i have < 70 karma points :)

May 10, 2011 @ 10:48
    Jeroen Breuer

There should be green check above my post you can click. That would make that post the solution.

Jeroen

May 10, 2011 @ 11:37
    adamsimsy

That makes sense. Thanks again Jeroen.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft