Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hayley 23 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 03, 2011 @ 15:16
    Hayley

v4.6.1 UmbracoMembershipProvider FindUsersByEmail "The method or operation is not implemented"

Hi,

I'm modifying a workflow in contour which was using the Member classes that have now been made obsolete. So I'm trying to upgrade to use the ASP.NET Membership model. However when calling System.Web.Security.Membership.FindUsersByEmail(email), I'm getting error outlined below. Has anyone else seen this? Have I got the wrong version of the umbraco.providers dll? We use the ASP.NET login control for membership login and it is working fine.

The website is on v4.6.1 of Umbraco.

{"The method or operation is not implemented."}

at umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider.FindUsersByEmail(String emailToMatch, Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageSize, Int32& totalRecords)

at System.Web.Security.Membership.FindUsersByEmail(String emailToMatch, Int32 pageIndex, Int32 pageSize, Int32& totalRecords)

at System.Web.Security.Membership.FindUsersByEmail(String emailToMatch)

at Contour.Providers.WorkflowTypes.GenerateUmbracoMember.Execute(Record record, RecordEventArgs e) in D:\Blah.cs:line 77

• Daniel Lindstrom 454 posts 271 karma points
    Mar 24, 2011 @ 20:08
    Daniel Lindstrom

Same thing just happened to me in v4.7. Very annoying.

Any solution?

• Daniel Lindstrom 454 posts 271 karma points
    Mar 24, 2011 @ 23:48
    Daniel Lindstrom

I ended up using Membership.GetUserNameByEmail(email) instead.

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 9.5px Consolas; color: #009f9f} span.s1 {color: #0900a1} span.s2 {color: #000000}

• Hayley 23 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 25, 2011 @ 10:30
    Hayley

Hi,

I ended up going back to the obsoleted methods until I got more time to work on the problem again. Sound like you've managed to work around it, though!

• suzyb 474 posts 932 karma points
    May 04, 2011 @ 16:55
    suzyb

Just got this error myself :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft