Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim Finucane 34 posts 60 karma points
    Oct 26, 2010 @ 21:19
    Tim Finucane

XSLTouch throwing errors

The last 2 days the XSLTouch add-on seems to have thrown some errors and cause performance to degrade because of it. I find the following in the Event Viewer:

An unhandled exception occurred and the process was terminated.

Application ID: /LM/W3SVC/1543091590/Root

Process ID: 1360

Exception: System.Xml.XmlException

Message: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 44, position 18.

StackTrace:    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
       at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
       at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
       at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
       at Offroadcode.Umbraco.XSLTouch.XSLTouch.OnChanged(Object source, FileSystemEventArgs e)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnChanged(FileSystemEventArgs e)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyFileSystemEventArgs(Int32 action, String name)
       at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
       at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.IOCompletionCallback_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

This causes the DW20.exe(a Microsoft product reporting process) to run and it hogs much of the CPU time; thus why performance degrades. Killing the DW20.exe and recycling the app pool seems to stop the problem. Has anyone else encountered this issue before?

• Peter Duncanson 430 posts 1360 karma points c-trib
    Nov 23, 2010 @ 12:20
    Peter Duncanson

Hey Tim,

We had this reported to us last week as well and we are working on a fix for it. Quick question which version of .net are you running?

Keep an eye out for a fix soon on the download page.

Cheers

Pete

Nov 23, 2010 @ 14:00
    Tim Finucane

I am running .NET 4.0. This problem kept coming back everytime I saved an XSLT file. For the time being I have removed the XSLT Touch add-on. Let me know when the next version is available and I'll test it out for you.

• Peter Duncanson 430 posts 1360 karma points c-trib
    Nov 23, 2010 @ 14:05
    Peter Duncanson

Hey Tim thanks for the quick response. There is a new version up on the XSLTouch package page (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/xsltouch) for DotNet4.

Can you give that a test and if its working for you I'll offically announce it as a new release.

Cheers for the feedback

Nov 29, 2010 @ 19:20
    Tim Finucane

This would appear to be working better now. I haven't run into this error since installing the new version for DotNet4.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft