Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• chetan 16 posts 36 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 14:24
    chetan

How can I inser data in Umbraco db schema?

Hi All,

I have a requirement where user will enter data and submit it. I wanted to know what is the best way to save this data? Should I store it in SQL server or is there any other standard practice that i should follow?

Thank you
    Chetan

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 16:14
    Rik Helsen

What is a "user" and what is "data" ?

are they content managers, visitors of your website, ... ?

What is data? should it become a document in the site? or just gathered in a list? ...

Sep 15, 2010 @ 19:15
    chetan

Users are visitorsof the website. i need to collect data like their personal information, some other user specific information. Here i have question like how can i store that information? Should I create new tables for this data.If yes how can i store it from Umbraco to SQL Server?

Please suggest

Thank you
    Chetan

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 19:59
    Rik Helsen

So you are using forms to collect this data? if you use the 99$ Umbraco Contour package ( http://umbraco.org/contour ) you can choose to save it to a document type and more

Integration with other databases and
    systems
    DataContour makes it easy to save your form entries on other databases such as SQL Server and Access. The program also easily integrates your data into systems such as Microsoft CRM or Salesforce via web services. For example, it only takes a few clicks to drag a table from another database and take it online.
  • Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 15, 2010 @ 21:04
    Dirk De Grave

Have a look at membership and profile providers... Here's a good starting point

Cheers,

/Dirk

Sep 16, 2010 @ 05:38
    chetan

Is there anything that I can do with Doc2Form?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft