Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• shinsuke nakayama 109 posts 250 karma points
    Sep 09, 2015 @ 13:38
    shinsuke nakayama

Saving Translation Dictionary via API

Hi guys,

I have a CSV file which contains list of words and translated words in different language.

I looked into Services.LocalizationService service, and found a method call Save();

But i can't seems to get it to work, do you guys have any example i can use? or any other way of storing translation dictionary?

Thank you Shinsuke Nakayama

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Oct 04, 2015 @ 00:54
    Marc Goodson

Hi Shinsuke

There is some documentation on the Localization service here:

https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/reference/management/services/localizationservice

In terms of an example, I use it in my DictionaryItemKeySearch dashboard, to save an updated dictionary item translation:

https://github.com/marcemarc/tooorangey.DictionaryItemKeySearch/blob/master/tooorangey.DictionaryItemKeySearch/tooorangey.DictionaryItemSearch.Api/Controllers/DictionarySearchController.cs

but also If you are creating dictionary items from scratch for an import then the following should work as an example:

var ls = ApplicationContext.Current.Services.LocalizationService;    

//create a holder for the item's DictionaryTranslations

List<DictionaryTranslation> _translations = new List<DictionaryTranslation>();

//the constructor for a DictionaryItem requires the Umbraco language object and value of the translated text                       
     //so get the language object, eg from Iso Code                            
    var language = ls.GetLanguageByIsoCode("fr-FR");

// here we create a french translation for our item and add it to the list    
    DictionaryTranslation dt = new DictionaryTranslation(language, "bonjour le monde");                           
     _translations.Add(dt);

//get or create a DictionaryItem, (passing in the Dictionary Key)                           
    IDictionaryItem di = ls.DictionaryItemExists("HelloWorld") ? ls.GetDictionaryItemByKey("HelloWorld") : new DictionaryItem("HelloWorld");

// set the translations created above    
    di.Translations = _translations;

//now save the dictionary item and translations to Umbraco    
    ls.Save(di);

enter image description here

• Steve 140 posts 321 karma points
    Dec 09, 2017 @ 16:15
    Steve

Hello Marc,
    Thanks for this post! I found this incredibly helpful.
    BR / Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft