Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• frank harris 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 16, 2012 @ 11:07
    frank harris

pick a MNTP node using javascript

Hi,

I wish to know how through javascript commands, can I pick/choose a specific node ( I know its ID ), of a MNTP.
    The MNTP is NOT the main one ( not the one on the left most side ).
    ( I want to run that command through chrome's built-in javascript console - cuz I don't want to change any of the umbraco system files )

I used to do it on an OLD version of umbraco ( now i'm on 4.7.1 ) through that command: ( the value 1111 is a nodeID )
               parent.right.NameOfaSomething.TreeNodeClick(1111);

** please note that with this command I didn't need to open the branches of the tree
        I could directly call any node from any level... that's what I look for now also...

Can you please write an example for me please ?
    Thanks in advance !

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Aug 16, 2012 @ 12:16
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Frank,

I read your other post about this - I had a play around with Chrome's console to see if I could figure it out ... but no joy! :-(  (I'm no JS pro - just a happy hacker)

What are you planning to do with the nodeIds? As there might be an alternative approach to this - as in if you are just wanting to populate an MNTP, then that could be achieved via a C# code snippet.

Cheers, Lee.

• frank harris 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 16, 2012 @ 13:02
    frank harris

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the quick reply and sorry for the double post - I think my question better be in this sub-forum...

What i'm tring to do is to understand how to pick ( manualy, using javascript ) a node of MNTP that sits under "parent.right" frame ( it's a 'content' type MNTP )
    I could do that of course with a click of amouse on the desire node - but I wish to that through JS.
    My plane, later on, is to combain that into one geasemonkey script ( JS based ) so I could run a script to improve my "back-office" performance through serveral macros.

My problem is not the compatability with greasemonkey ( or chrome's console ) - but to understand the right code combination that i need to write inorder to achive that "picking" ability - as the click of a mouse does.

I used to do that using the command that I mentioned, but currently, with the new Umbraco version I can't do that - cuz that "NameOfaSomething" (which was the ID of some DIV element that belonged to a specific MNTP) does not exist any more... nor can I do that with all of the other ID's of other DIV elements.

B.T.W, when I wrote "pick a node" a mean to emulate the press of the left button of the mouse on a specific node... which in turn, move/pick/add that node to the "picked" or "Select Items" list that is adjesent to the MNTP.

Is there more info that you need from me ?
    Thanks for your help... 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft