Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Holmes 16 posts 36 karma points
    May 19, 2011 @ 12:35
    Rob Holmes

Website syncing

I'm hoping that someone will be able to point me in the right direction here:

We currently run several websites in Umbraco, and as each has fairly high traffic, each site has its own Umbraco installation and app pool. Each website has its own news section, but sometimes a news story in one website is applicable to another website. Currently this means our editors have to write the story out in two different websites.

What we would like to do is to be able to push news stories from one system to another. Having watched the exellent video tutorials on Events and particularly Episode 7, I am confident that I can access the Publish events and capture the crucial parts of the news story such as the Headline, body text, node id and so on. 

To avoid potentially dangerous database calls and inserting the content in to the second system that way, I feel there must be a way to use the Content Channel feature to achieve our objective. Unfortunately I've not been able to find a definitive help file or API description. 

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this, or suggest alternatives which they might have tried?

Thanks!

Rob

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft