Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Kjær Nielsen 58 posts 88 karma points
    Sep 17, 2010 @ 12:52
    Thomas Kjær Nielsen

How to view caching statistics

Hi

We have a problem with the build in macro caching.

It is like the memory use keeps building up and up and up when doing a performance test - even thoug we at stress testing the same URL's (around 50) and have set op macro caching around all possible parameters.

But, when we look at the SQL-connections it is clear that the Umbraco database is being requested all the time anyway.

I seems very strange, and we can also see that the RAM consumption on the webserver keeps getting bigger and bigger, wich is also strange as I would expect it to level out when all the pages is cached.

What I would start with, is analyzing the .NET/Umbraco cache with what is actually cached, so we can see if it is the same pages building up more and more cache.

Any help on Umbraco/.NET performance optimizing is very appreciated!

BTW. we have build the whole solution around XSLT and .NET extensions.

/Thomas

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Sep 17, 2010 @ 13:49
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Argh!! The forum ate my post, XSLT error! :(

In short then: 

In the developer section, check the cache browser. Have a look at your xslt ext's to see if they use the database. Media calls in 4.0.x will always hit the database (there's a package for that).

Also, try to disable all of the macro's and enabling the one by one to see which one is eating the memory.

Finally: Browsers will still ping the server when you hit the refresh button (but fiddler2 should give a 302 instead of a 200 status), however, they will work with the browser cache if you just hit enter in the address bar. Have a look at your content-expiry setup as well.

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 17, 2010 @ 14:11
    Morten Bock

Sebastiaan > Sorry, that might have been my fault. I deleted the double posting.. :-/

• Thomas Kjær Nielsen 58 posts 88 karma points
    Sep 21, 2010 @ 09:52
    Thomas Kjær Nielsen

Thanks for the help!

I would really like to know a bit more about the caching i Umbraco, like how much RAM it is using, but I guess that it's not that simple.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft