Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Jan 27, 2016 @ 15:03
    Simon steed

Umbraco 7.3.5 back office media thumbnails disapeared!

As per title. Site just upgraded to 7.3.5 (from 7.3.0 where it was working fine), client has noticed that when they select an image picker, no thumbs are showing.

Then in the media section itself, the same, lots of files but no thumbnails - obviously making very difficult to select the right image.

Tried so far:

Increasing clientdependency value and clearing CD cache Cleared image processor cache Rebuilt indexes Reset apppool etc

Also tried running in debug mode to see if that made any difference, it didnt.

On this site, we also have XML Integrity issues (media is fine but content showing fix which cannot be fixed). Doubt it's related but you never know, however this was the case when it was working on 7.3.0

Any ideas what to do next? Tried resaving media but that does not work either so stuck now.

Simon

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Jan 27, 2016 @ 17:53
    Douglas Robar

Let's see. ImageCropper is default instead of Upload datatype for the image mediaType so you might need to rebuild cached images or thumbnails?

Or maybe it's a bit of code that wasn't updated that now needs to use .umbracoFile.src (note the new .src at the end to pull the correct bit of the json data.

That's two totally off the top of my head ideas. Not seen this myself so wonder if maybe the upgrade missed a file or something? Perhaps use WinMerge to compare a clean 7.3.5 with your upgraded site to see if there are any missing files, left-over files in the upgraded site, or unmerged text file info?

Keep us posted.

cheers,
    doug.

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Jan 27, 2016 @ 18:04
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Simon

If you have issues with getting the src after the update.

Perhaps you could try use the package called Crop Healer for Umbraco

https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/crop-healer-for-umbraco

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• Simon steed 374 posts 686 karma points
    Jan 28, 2016 @ 12:04
    Simon steed

Thanks both.

Got to the source of the issue but very annoyed (Umbraco is a moot point for us atm!)

OK this is an upgrade from 4.11.10 -> 7.30. Everything was cool. Image media type was set to umbracoFile with an upload control. However in 7.3 this was all working fine, only when we upgraded to 7.3.5 we lost thumbs

In 7.3.5 after Dougs comment, I noticed we actually had two pickers for media in this type (could have been there before, not 100% sure tbh). One was the original, the second was something like ImageCropper with a crop datatype. It was this causing the issue.

I changed the type of our upload image to an Image Cropper, still didnt work. However when I deleted the other Image Cropper property, the thumbs then came back straight away! Madness

Thanks for the tips guys, Dennis, didn't try that package as shows as not compatible with 7.3

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft