Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Diogo Cunha 8 posts 69 karma points
    Feb 16, 2015 @ 17:38
    Diogo Cunha

Attach to the umbracoRedirect

I need to get into the umbracoRedirect flow because I need to customize the way it is actually doing it for certain situations.

Is there any way of doing it?

• Dennis Aaen 4500 posts 18255 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 16, 2015 @ 17:46
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Diogo,

Why do you need to customize the way it is actually doing it for certain situations, maybe there is a better way to achieve what you want, or a package that suits your needs for doing redirects.

Looking forward to hear from you, perhaps I can help you.

/Dennis

Feb 18, 2015 @ 11:20
    Diogo Cunha

Hi Dennis,

Well the solution we have is pretty specific but I'll try to explain here.

We have a MainSite node (domain: www.mainsite.com) that has child nodes under it. At the same level of this MainSite node we have what we call a SubSite (domain: www.mainsite.com/subsite) node that has it's own child nodes. Now when a user enters a MainSite child node and if a user goes to SubSite node the normal Umbraco flow works perfectly. The requirement we have however complicates because whenever you try to reach a SubSite url that only exists on the MainSite this should be working.

Example: www.mainSite.com/page1 exists under the MainSite node but not under SubSite node, still you can reach it with www.mainSite.com/subSite/page1 and see the same contents with small changes like SubSite name instead of MainSite name on the header

My problem now is when the guys on the MainSite use umbracoRedirect on www.mainSite.com/page1 to go for www.mainSite.com/page2, because that will cause www.mainSite.com/subSite/page1 to be redirected to www.mainSite.com/page2.

I know it's a nasty challenge..

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 12:17
    Jeroen Breuer

Not sure if this blog is what you're looking for, but maybe it can give you some ideas: http://24days.in/umbraco/2014/urlprovider-and-contentfinder/

Jeroen

Feb 18, 2015 @ 12:35
    Diogo Cunha

Thanks Jeroen that is the type of thing I was looking for! tried to give you a high five but for some reason it doesn't stick after I refresh

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 12:40
    Jeroen Breuer

You need 70 karma for a high five I think, but you could mark my post as the answer.

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft