Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• NightWolf 41 posts 44 karma points
    Dec 14, 2009 @ 07:48
    NightWolf

Flat Urls

I am trying to get flat urls working in version 4.0.3. Below are the steps I have followed:

• In the web.config I set umbracoUseDirectoryUrls = true
    • In the web.config I set umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath = false (Tried with true as well, didn't work but I need this as false)
    • In IIS6 I set a mapping pointed to aspnet_isapi.dll with verify file exists unchecked.

I can't access any of my pages nor can I access umbraco from the following url http://domain.com/umbraco/default.aspx I even tried setting up a rewrite rule in the UrlRewrite.config file.

Can someone provide some assistance with this urgent problem?

Cheers

• Kenneth Solberg 227 posts 418 karma points
    Dec 14, 2009 @ 08:38
    Kenneth Solberg

No need to set umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath to false. Make sure that it's the 'Add wildcard mapping' in IIS that you use and not the "regular" extension mapping. Umbraco should be available from http://domain.com/umbraco/umbraco.aspx

Dec 14, 2009 @ 08:57
    NightWolf

I changed the setting umbracoHideTopLevelNodeFromPath to false and double checked my mapping in IIS.

I right clicked on the website > Properties > Home Directory (Tab) > Configuration > Insert (Next to Wildcard application maps) > Browse

The executable selected was C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll and verify that file exists was unchecked.

Still I am unable to access umbraco or get flat urls working.

Any other ideas?

• Gerty Engrie 130 posts 489 karma points c-trib
    Dec 14, 2009 @ 10:10
    Gerty Engrie

Have you tried republishing the whole site?

Dec 14, 2009 @ 10:27
    NightWolf

I can't login to umbraco

Dec 14, 2009 @ 11:07
    NightWolf

Further Info: If I restore my setting by removing the mapping and web.config setting then I can login, should my pages be published with or without the .aspx extension before adding the mapping?

• Kenneth Solberg 227 posts 418 karma points
    Dec 14, 2009 @ 13:53
    Kenneth Solberg

No need to republish when you switch to directory URLs. Sure you don't have any rules in UrlRewrite.config? Do you get an error when viewing pages on your site? You should still be able to navigate your site if you add the .aspx extension manually.

Dec 14, 2009 @ 15:17
    NightWolf

I can not access my site by adding the .aspx extension and I have confirmed there are no rules in the rewrite config. I assume there is a simple answer for this problem? I just get a 404 error.

• Nik Wahlberg 639 posts 1237 karma points MVP
    Dec 14, 2009 @ 17:59
    Nik Wahlberg

Sure you already did this, but did you in fact try to access the umbraco admin by using the URL that Kenneth noted above? 

http://domain.com/umbraco/umbraco.aspx

Thanks,
    Nik

Dec 14, 2009 @ 23:38
    NightWolf

Yes, I always use this URL to access the admin area. If I remove the aspnet_isapi.dll wildcard mapping things start working again. Any other ideas? I have now tried this on two servers and neither of them are working so I doubt this is a server issue, maybe an additional setting or the feature isn't working?

Dec 14, 2009 @ 23:46
    NightWolf

Problem solved. Thank you everyone for your help.

Solution

I was convinced it was a configuration error or setting and correct I was. I am using a new VPS and without thinking assumed it was x86. The system is actually x64 and therefore the aspnet_isapi.dll is locatied C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll making all the difference.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft