Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Francielle Castilhos 28 posts 150 karma points
    Oct 21, 2014 @ 23:14
    Francielle Castilhos

Error with namespace "umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory"

Hi guys,

I've created a solution with Umbraco 6.2.4 using .Net Framework 4.0.

While developing a class, I tried using 'umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory', but I get the following errors:

Error 26 The type or namespace name 'presentation' does not exist in the namespace 'umbraco' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\Temp\xx\xx\Controllers\ReadFileController.cs

Error 27 The type or namespace name 'Node' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Error 26 The type or namespace name 'presentation' does not exist in the namespace 'umbraco' (are you missing an assembly reference?) D:\Temp\xx\xx\Controllers\ReadFileController.cs

Error 28 The type or namespace name 'Node' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Temp\xx\xx\Controllers\ReadFileController.cs 146 61 \Controllers\ReadFileController.cs

If I change the framework to 4.5 it works fine, but it doesn't with 4.0, do you have any tips so I can fix this? I cannot change the framework, as the client's server uses 4.0.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Oct 22, 2014 @ 08:15
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi,

For 6.x.x the framework should be .NET 4 according to the system requirements : http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/system-requirements

Dave

Oct 22, 2014 @ 12:56
    Francielle Castilhos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. As my original message mentions, it is not working with Target Framework set to .NEt Framework 4.0 as it was supposed to be.

Oct 22, 2014 @ 13:09
    Francielle Castilhos

Ok,

We fixed the issue by changing this on the webconfig:

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="System.Net.Http" publicKeyToken="b03f5f7f11d50a3a" culture="neutral" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-4.0.0.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0" />

</dependentAssembly>

item "newVersion" was previously set to 4.0.0.0

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft