Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• vma 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 13:24
    vma

Problems with publishing by schedule (v 4.7.2)

Hello,

We are using v 4.7.2 and sometimes auto publishing by schedule does't work. I will describe step by step:

1) we created new node with mandatory field (dropdown "Type") .

2) We choose correct values for all fields

3) put correct dateTime for "Publish at" and saved it. ( today 23:00 )

4) Next day when we checked this node,  mandatory field was missing. Content on website was not published (empty page), but Publication Status = "Published"

umbraco logs says that publishing for this node was without any errors

We have many schedule publications, but this problem occurred sometimes

Does anyone has the same problem?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 10, 2014 @ 14:09
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Vma and welcome to our :)

I'm afraid that this feature of Umbraco is unfortunately working/not working between versions.

However we have a client running 4.7.2 where I know this actually works.

Do you know if the node appears if you republish the entire site? (By right clicking the "Content" node and choosing the option "republish entire site").

If so it seems that for some reason the XML cache is not updating correctly.

Not sure if the umbracoLog table can reveal some information about it or perhaps the server log?

A workaround could be to make a date property field and make sure that the page is never rendered before the date criteria is met. But be aware that the page will of course be published and thereby accessible using this approach - you just can't navigate or see the page on the website before the date is met...

/Jan

• vma 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 14:59
    vma

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the answer!

If we upgrade Umbraco version - does it resolve the problem? Do you know what is the most stable version for "publish by schedule" feature? 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 16:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi vma

I can't make any promises but upgrading would perhaps be a good idea if your client is willing to pay you to do so. However I have seen a new issue related to this on v6.1.6 but it's not consistent...

Not sure if a bug report has been filed on the issue yet though and the reason I have not done so is that when I wanted to it suddenly worked...so it's kinda hard to file a bug report about something that can't easily be reproduced.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft