Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Emil Christiansen 66 posts 148 karma points
    Dec 19, 2013 @ 11:47
    Emil Christiansen

Odd publishing issue - wrong tab after save and publish

Hi All!

Don't know if this is the right forum - but i will give it a go :)

I have an odd problem on several Umbraco installations. The problem occurs when you are logged in to the Umbraco Backoffice with a user of any other usertype than 'Administrator'.

After a 'save and publish' on any document - you always end up on the first tab - even if you clicked the 'save and publish' standing on one of the other tabs e.g. 'properties'.

As stated in the beginning - the problem occurs on many solutions and accross several Umbaco versions (4.7.1 -> 4.11.8).

Obviusly the problem is not present in a clean Umbraco installation - so it must be some custom code or settings that are causing the problem.

I have searched low and high - but can not seem to find the issue causing this 'odd' behavior and what the 'link' between the working installations and non-working installations are.

Does anybody have any idea where to look or where to start looking?

I am thinking of something with permissions - but i have not managed to isolate what is wrong. I have tried to grant a non administrator full access to everything, but that does not seem to change anything either. 

It seems to be language independent as well.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Dec 19, 2013 @ 12:57
    Sebastiaan Janssen

It's probably some package, datatype, eventhandler or something like that which is doing a refresh of the page after the save or publish has succeeded. What do you have installed? What datatypes are present on the content where this happens?

• Emil Christiansen 66 posts 148 karma points
    Dec 19, 2013 @ 13:48
    Emil Christiansen

Hi Sebastian!

Thanks...

After some investigation in the Package section it actually looks like it is the Tab Hider package which is causing the problem!

Well, guess i have to write a bug repport on the Tab Hider forum then :)

Thanks again - you kinda saved my day!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft