Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mikkel B. Mikkelsen 52 posts 81 karma points
    Jun 19, 2013 @ 12:41
    Mikkel B. Mikkelsen

Error adding node to Sitemap Provider in PublishNodeDo() 6.1.1

I recently upgraded a site from 4.11.6 to 6.1.1 and have been experiencing this error in relation to creating nodes through the 4.11.6 API.

2013-06-19 12:29:25,472 [19] ERROR umbraco.content - [Thread 23] Error adding node to Sitemap Provider in PublishNodeDo(): 9609
    System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: umbracoContext
       at Umbraco.Web.UmbracoHelper..ctor(UmbracoContext umbracoContext)
       at umbraco.content.PublishNodeDo(Document d, XmlDocument xmlContentCopy, Boolean updateSitemapProvider)

Anyone know whats going on, or do you need more info?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jun 19, 2013 @ 19:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mikkel

The sitemap provider confuses many Umbraco developers since it's throwin many errors in the log table/log files and even in the audit trail when you right click a node in the content section of Umbraco.

But if you don't use the sitemap provider (and you most like don't) then it is safe to uncomment the sitemap provider block form you web.config file.

The sitemap provider has been removed by default in the coming patch release of Umbraco 6.x (My pull request got accepted during CG13, yay! :)).

Cheers,
    Jan 

• Mikkel B. Mikkelsen 52 posts 81 karma points
    Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:57
    Mikkel B. Mikkelsen

Hey Jan, thanks for the answer.

I've removed the sitemap provider section in the web.config as per your suggestion, and it seems like that fixed the problem :)

Congrats on the pull request!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft