Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Eric Siebeneck 26 posts 46 karma points
    Apr 03, 2013 @ 15:38
    Eric Siebeneck

Caching Problems with Umbraco version 4.8.1

We have two sites built within Umbraco, and the first one is able to save and publish content changes without any issues. The second one however, saves the content (without issues or errors) but the public view does not render the change. We've tried the Republish the Site and the Reload Nodes options. Also when we add or delete pages, we're not seeing those changes either (we see the change in Umbraco just not the public view).

Now, the only thing that we've discovered that will cause the content to render properly for the public, is to repost the web.config file. Now, obviously this is not a solution to the problem because not all content editors are going to have the ability to upload the web.config file. Please let me know what might be causing this issue and how to fix it.

Apr 04, 2013 @ 14:43
    Eric Siebeneck

I need help with this. The client is wanting to launch the websites soon. Please note that after posting the issue above, I tried making the same umbracoSettings.config changes that were mentioned in the thread "Cache problems using 6.0.3"

<XmlCacheEnabled>False</XmlCacheEnabled>

<ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache>True</ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache>

<XmlContentCheckForDiskChanges>True</XmlContentCheckForDiskChanges>

Any ideas?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 04, 2013 @ 23:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Eric

First of all - please don't double post :) It's better to tweet using the #umbraco hashtag for help pointing to the post or even bump it, even though that can be a bit annoying as well. I understand that you're in a hurry and a bit worried why the XML cache is not updated. But for your own sake please don't double post since it can end up annoying people, which I know is not your intention. - I've deleted the double post.

Now lets' try and digg into this issue...

How are the sites setup in IIS? Are they sharing the same app pool? Or are they using different application pools?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Apr 05, 2013 @ 14:41
    Eric Siebeneck

Thanks Jan for the reply... and I do apologize for the second post. I thought perhaps if I used different words in the post title, it might draw more attention.

Anyways, yes, both sites are in the same install of Umbraco and are sharing the same app pool. We've actually done this before where we install Umbraco on a shared hosting account, and then build 2 or 3 sites within the same deployed version of Umbraco. This is the first time we've experienced this issue.

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Apr 05, 2013 @ 14:55
    Dave Woestenborghs

Are these sites using the same templates ? If so have a look at your macros. Maybe the have caching set up incorrect (not cached by page).

Apr 05, 2013 @ 16:25
    Eric Siebeneck

The two sites are sister companies, so they share a lot of similarities. However, the templates used are different in the sense that they have a different logo, color scheme, and company name (which is also mentioned in the content). Content structure wise, they almost mirror each other.

Regarding the macros, should I just do a search for anywhere it says "cache"? I'm assuming changing any "true" to "false"?

But why would it be caching one site and not the other?

Apr 05, 2013 @ 16:46
    Dave Woestenborghs

Another problem can be, is that your hosting provider has a app pool set up per site. With each app pool pointing to the same physical umbraco install. So you have multiple worker processes running the same umbraco install. This is not supported.

See this post : http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/39789-Cache-problems-using-603

Dave

Apr 11, 2013 @ 15:53
    Eric Siebeneck

Looks like there is only the one app pool. FYI, we're using SoftSys Hosting to host the website. We've done this before on their servers, where we install Umbraco and then create a second website within the same installation. We have both domains added in the Control Panel, as well as added them under "Manage Hostnames" in Umbraco. The sites come up fine, the content loads fine. It's just when we make a change to the second site within Umbraco, that it does update the public view.

• Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Aug 19, 2013 @ 12:22
    Ansar

We are also having same issue with two websites developed on Umbraco v 4.11.8. Is there any solution?

Aug 20, 2013 @ 11:20
    Ansar

The app pool is same for both websites..

This is what happens

1. Goto websiteONE.com/umbraco/ - make changes to a node for websiteONE.com, publish - Works Good in in front end
    2. Goto websiteONE.com/umbraco/ - make changes to a node for websiteTWO.com, publish - Doesnt reflect in front end
    3. Open umbraco.config and check for the changes made in step 2 - they are available
    4. Goto websiteTWO.com/umbraco/ - check the node you edited in step 2 - the changes are available correct, publish - Works Good in in front end

This happens in both local version and live version and its a single app pool and the settings are NOT web garden.

Aug 20, 2013 @ 11:51
    Dave Woestenborghs

How is your IIS setup. Do you have one website or two in IIS ?

Aug 20, 2013 @ 16:12
    Ansar

Yes that was the problem - there was two IIS entry for the domains. Thanks for pointing in the right direction.

Aug 20, 2013 @ 16:17
    Dave Woestenborghs

No problem..Have seen people do this a couple of times and having the same problems.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft