Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martijn van der Put 44 posts 65 karma points
    Jun 06, 2012 @ 12:16
    Martijn van der Put

Umbraco 4.7.2 with SQL CE still slow backend

I have upgraded a 4.7.1 site with SQL CE to the latest 4.7.2. version last weekend. I thought the 4.7.2 version had a lot of performance improvements for SQL CE, but I am still encountering a slow backend. Especially when opening the content of an item. 

Compared to another Umbraco site (4.7.1. with MySQL on the same server) it takes about 2 tot 3 seconds more time to opening a content item.

Is this normall and due to SQL CE or is there still a lot to improve with SQL CE?

• Martijn van der Put 44 posts 65 karma points
    Jun 27, 2012 @ 17:56
    Martijn van der Put

I found out that the SQL EC database was growing quite fast in the last few weeks, from 30Mb tot 160Mb in about 2 weeks I guess. I'm importing new items from several external feeds every night so a growing database should be a normal, but the speed it was growing made me think again.

After copying the SQL CE database and runnign a SQL script to count the amount of versions of each item, I noticed that there were a lot of items which had about 60 or 70 versions.

After installing F.A.L.M. Housekeeping and removing all versions, the database size has been reduced with 100Mb to 60 Mb and now the Umbraco client is performing as normal again :)

I still wonder if this issue will arise again at a certain amount of content items....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft