Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rajeev 126 posts 154 karma points
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 08:54
    Rajeev

Migration of umbraco 4.0 website to 4.7.1?

Hi Guys,

I have worked on umbraco 4.7 for 3 months. I need to migrate an existing umbraco 4.0 website to 4.7.1?

Could anyone please provide me with details of how to achieve the same and what are the things which needs to be taken care for this?

Additionally if any one can provide me with some documentation on this will help.

Thanks,

Rajeev

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 08:57
    Dirk De Grave

Check this wiki article about upgrading your umbraco to the latest version: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/upgrading-an-umbraco-installation

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

Oct 18, 2011 @ 09:37
    Rajeev

Hi Dirk,

Thank you for the quick response. I will go through the article for this.

I haven't yet got the access to the existing site.  I am marking this as resolved and will open an new post if any issues.

Thanks again,

Rajeev.

Oct 19, 2011 @ 14:26
    Rajeev

Hi Dirk,

I have to update the website from umbraco v 4.0.3 (Assembly version: 1.0.3625.27276) to umbraco v 4.7.1.

I think the schema changes happened in 4.5 and that has not changed after that in all 4.5+ versions.Also I have seen the package compatibility test page which is mentioning about the compatibility with 4.5, I think the same will be applicable to 4.7 as well(as I am not finding any page for Package compatibility for 4.7.1. Please let me know if this understanding is not correct.

Thanks,

Rajeev

Oct 19, 2011 @ 14:55
    Dirk De Grave

your statement seems correct to me. Just note that altho you're upgrading to a v4.5+ version, you can still keep your old xml schema, meaning you don't have to update your existing xslt's to the new schema (Make sure to set the following key to true in umbracoSettings.config to keep working with the old schema):

<UseLegacyXmlSchema>true</UseLegacyXmlSchema>

Cheers,

/Dirk

Oct 19, 2011 @ 16:27
    Rajeev

Thank you Dirk for the confirmation.

Just to clarify, if I am using <UseLegacyXmlSchema>true</UseLegacyXmlSchema>, my understanding is  that I can only use the old Schema. So, for any new xslt files to be written, I will have to follow the old schema.  Am I correct?

Thanks,

-Rajeev

Oct 19, 2011 @ 16:59
    Dirk De Grave

Exaclty, you can't mix both schemas, it's either the legacy or the new one.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Oct 20, 2011 @ 10:11
    Rajeev

Thank you Dirk. I appreciate your quick responses.

-Rajeev

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft