Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Yates 32 posts 86 karma points
    Oct 07, 2011 @ 21:17
    Paul Yates

Download media items in structure

I'm looking to download to my local machine, all files in the media library, in the same folder structure that's stored in umbraco.  I can see there's a package to upload whilst respecting the existing media structure.  But what i want to do is download.  Is this possible / is there a package out there that will allow me to do this?

Thanks

Paul

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Oct 07, 2011 @ 21:20
    Tom Fulton

I believe there's a package for this, I think it's:  Export Media

-Tom

• Jordi 25 posts 47 karma points
    Jan 05, 2012 @ 23:47
    Jordi

I have tried this package (Export Media) in version 4.7 and it does not work. Do you know any other alternative? Thanks.

Jan 06, 2012 @ 23:02
    Tom Fulton

Hi Jordi,

I spoke with Matt and he's given me access to update the project for 4.7 - I almost had done today but got pulled off into a few things, I will try to have up this weekend for you if you still need it

-Tom

Jan 07, 2012 @ 11:44
    Jordi

Hello Tom

It would be great to have 'Export Media' working in 4.7. It would save me lot of time because I need to export media from some sites and then Import them using 'Desktop Media Uploader'. Thanks a lot!

I have also reported the error with the message that appears at http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/export-media/bugs,-feedback-and-suggestions/27321-Not-working-in-47

Jordi

Jan 08, 2012 @ 19:36
    Tom Fulton

Hi Jordi,

I just uploaded a new version on the project page, v1.0.3 that should work with v4.6 and v4.7.  Would you mind trying it out and letting me know the results?  You can just uninstall the old one first.

Thanks,
    Tom

• Mauricio 22 posts 86 karma points
    Nov 11, 2015 @ 17:29
    Mauricio

Hello I am trying to export the media content but I get this error: Access to the path '......exportmedia\handlers' is denied.

Do you know how can I give the correct permission or the give the correct settings with users

I have read some post but I have not been able to fix this

Jan 08, 2012 @ 21:26
    Jordi

Hello Tom

I just downloaded and installed v1.0.3 It works perfect.

THANK YOU for your help and rapid response and resolution.It saves me a lot of time.

Jordi

Jan 08, 2012 @ 23:19
    Jordi

Hi Tom

The package works fine, but in certain folders I get an error like this

No umbraco document matches the url 'http://localhost:63278/login.aspx? ReturnUrl=/umbraco/theoutfield/exportmedia/handlers/ExportMedia.ashx?id=1184&id=1184

Analyzing the folder I discovered that it happens when there is an item (for example an image, but with No Image because the user forgot to 'explore, save and publish'). In that case I delete the item, and I can export the folder.

Thanks. I just write this as information note in case it happens to somebody else.

Jordi

Jan 09, 2012 @ 00:19
    Tom Fulton

Hey Jordi, I'm not by a computer right now but the fact that it sends you to login.aspx makes me think it's something unrelated to the package. Does everything else seem to work when this happens? I can try to investigate further when at a PC But that's my initial thought...

Jan 09, 2012 @ 15:03
    Tom Fulton

Great, glad it's working for you :)

• Paul Yates 32 posts 86 karma points
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 15:15
    Paul Yates

Glad i asked now!! haha :)

• Andrew Davis 14 posts 36 karma points
    Sep 03, 2014 @ 23:36
    Andrew Davis

I'm in the same situation as the OP. I'd like to export a massive amount of the images from my media library. I'm currently running Umbraco 7.1.4.

Would someone be willing to get this working? I downloaded the 1.0.3 version package and it installed fine but the menu option does not show up when i right click on the folder. I know there were some massive changes from 4 or 6 going to 7.

Thank you,

Andrew

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft