Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• xleon 21 posts 43 karma points
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 19:53
    xleon

SortOrder problems and nodes disappearing in Umbraco 4.7

Hi, I had some trouble days ago while I´m editing nodes and creating content in Umbraco 4.7.

At some point I "lost" one node. I was just editing and saving, not big deal, but one of the nodes disappear from the tree. My surprise is that this node was present on the front-end. I deleted cache, recycle app pool, reestart the IIS site, etc. No success.

Then I created another node with the same name. It appears on CMS, but the front-end shows me the old content, not the new one.

One thing to note is when I open the sorting tool in Umbraco. I can see the missing node I was talking about !!
    Another thing is that this problem happened after using "Desktop media uploader" with the option "overrite" checked.

Another anoying problem (and maybe related to the other) is the sorting tool. The sorting is not working for the most cases. If I go to the bbdd and change the order manually, that works, but the sorting tool is not working. 
    I saw (via charles proxy)  that the sorting popup is sending the right values, but nothing gets changed on database.

I was thinking about moving everything to a new umbraco instance, but anyway, I don´t now how to move the data (a lot of data) and I guess the data would be still "corrupt" in the new instance.

Any thoughts?

• xleon 21 posts 43 karma points
    Sep 24, 2011 @ 16:54
    xleon

Using LogManager I saw I have a bunch of errors of this kind:

System.ArgumentException: No Document exists with Version '5333ac2f-ac04-4176-bb05-a6ccb4f3220e' en umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.setupNode() en umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document..ctor(Int32 id) en umbraco.presentation.webservices.nodeSorter.UpdateSortOrder(Int32 ParentId, String SortOrder)

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Jan 20, 2012 @ 14:44
    Barry Fogarty

I've had this problem - this bit of SQL that deletes orphaned records in the content versions table resolved it for me:

DELETE FROM cmsContentVersion
    WHERE
    cmsContentVersion.VersionId NOT IN (SELECT VersionId FROM cmsDocument) AND
    cmsContentVersion.ContentId IN (SELECT nodeId FROM cmsDocument)
  • Niels 63 posts 119 karma points
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 17:02
    Niels

We have the same problem. The nodes are displayed when I choose sorting, but when I want to edit a node there is none displayed.

The SQL-string above doesn't solve the problem.

• Allan Michaelsen 14 posts 33 karma points
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 12:58
    Allan Michaelsen

I have a similar problem as Niels. When I use the sort funktion I can see alot of nodes that aren't in the content tree. As seen on the image below the nodes is the green boxes corrspond fine, but the nodes in the red box is nowhere to be seen in the content tree.

Let me know if there's anything you guys need to figure this out.

• John Hodgkinson 613 posts 355 karma points
    Jul 18, 2012 @ 16:27
    John Hodgkinson

has anyone found a solution how to recover these items back into the CMS. I'm having this same exact problem as illustrated above.

• John Hodgkinson 613 posts 355 karma points
    Jul 18, 2012 @ 16:36
    John Hodgkinson

ok, I just found the problem. it appears that in the cmsDocument folder, none of the versions had "newest" flagged to "true". I modified this from "false" to "true" and the item displayed in the CMS tree again.

• Kim Hansen 63 posts 144 karma points
    Jan 05, 2014 @ 03:37
    Kim Hansen

Thanks Barry, you solved my problem sorting and missing nodes.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft