Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Halldór Hrafn 15 posts 72 karma points
    Jun 21, 2011 @ 02:56
    Halldór Hrafn

Files get redirected to login.aspx Urgent!

Hi,

I'm having a serious problem. Files like file the ones in /css/* and /media/* etc. all get redirected to login.aspx page

For example if I try to navigate directly to a file in the media folder with the url: www.mydomain.fun/media/55/logosp3.gif I get redirected to http://www.spassian.is/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fmedia%2f55%2flogosp3.gif

I also get a runtime error as a boonus with the redirect, see following Trace Information:

aspx.page  Begin PreInit
    umbracoInit handling request
    request handler current url '/login.aspx'
    umbracoRequestHandler xpath: '/* [@urlName = "myweb"]/* [@urlName = "login"]'
    umbracoRequestHandler xpath: '/root/*'
    umbracoRequestHandler xpath: '/root/* [@urlName = "login"] | /root/*'
    umbracoRequestHandler xpath: '/root/* [@urlName = "login"] | /root/*/* [@urlName = "login"]'
    umbracoRequestHandler Just before xPath query (False, '/root/* [@urlName = "login"] | /root/*/* [@urlName = "login"]')
    umbracoRequestHandler pageXPathQueryStart: '/root'
    notFoundHandler Trying NotFoundHandler 'umbraco.SearchForAlias'...
    urlAlias 'login'
    notFoundHandler Trying NotFoundHandler 'umbraco.SearchForTemplate'...
    notFoundHandler Trying NotFoundHandler 'umbraco.SearchForProfile'...
    Unhandled Execution Error
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at umbraco.requestHandler..ctor(XmlDocument umbracoContent, String url)
    at umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit()
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

What the hey is going on here? Why is it trying to go to the umbraco login? I don't have any membership set up on my site, nothing like this should be running except in /umbraco/ :P

No changes where made to the site, that I am aware of. One minute it worked fine, the next ...

Please help! :)

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jun 21, 2011 @ 05:37
    Tom Fulton

Hi,

I'm guessing something must have been changed, installed, or configured...the Umbraco login page is /umbraco/umbraco.aspx, so I don't know where it would get 'login.aspx' from unless it was configured somewhere.  Try double checking your web.config (maybe search for login) and maybe your other configs.  What were the last few packages installed, etc?

-Tom

Jun 21, 2011 @ 10:24
    Halldór Hrafn

I don't know what that could be, that is, obviously something has changes, but I just can't see what it could be. All I was doing at the moment I noticed this was tweaking a few templates. They couldn't effect how umbraco handles files such as images or css ?

I even tried to remove all packages I had installed (but worked fine so far), packages such as uComponents. But that didn't change anything. Umbraco still gives me all pages without any images or css :S

Even when I look through the content in backoffice I see that the images don't quite work correctly, and I'm guessing that when then css for backoffice expires from cache, it will get royally screwed up.

Looking at the login.aspx it seems to be the backoffice login dialog.

DidI hit some twiligjht-zone bug or something external has changes some behaviour or ???

Jun 21, 2011 @ 10:31
    Halldór Hrafn

Interestingly this will only happen to files that actually do excist, if I change the url slightly to something that doesn't excist but is in the same path, I cet a standars IIS 404 error

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 21, 2011 @ 10:40
    Michael Latouche

Hi,

Did you check in your web.config that no access section has been added that denies access to anonymous user or something like that? Or that the authentication section has been activated?  It looks to me that it tries to reditrect to the Asp.Net default login page (which is normally set in the web.config) and that it does not find it (therefore your error).

Cheers,

Michael.

Jun 21, 2011 @ 11:43
    Halldór Hrafn

Huh, it turns out that the anonymouse user had lost read access to the website's folder .....

In my case it was IUSR. So after it got back read access, everything started to work nicely!

Thanks for the help/guidance :)

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 21, 2011 @ 11:52
    Michael Latouche

You're welcome! Glad you got it sorted out!

Cheers,

Michael.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft