Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bluegrass Digital 17 posts 68 karma points
    Apr 15, 2011 @ 20:29
    Bluegrass Digital

Umbraco not publishing in a CDN environment

Hi Guys,

Sorry to 'jump' onto this thread, but it appeared relevant to my issues we're experiencing. We are deep into a project for a major global brand and having problems. We have Umbraco 4.5.2 setup. The client is running an environment with .net 3.5 / SQL 2005 and Windows 2008 and a Content Network Delivery (CDN) and the synchronisation of content between load balancing web servers uses DFS.

The issue is that the when the client tries to publish new content within Umbraco, it doesn't update the frontend website. Umbraco publishes as normal and saves the data (obviously to the DB) but it doesn't update the frontend. We have tried clearing Umbraco cache and rebuilding the Umbraco.config file.

If you reload IIS I think it will appear (but we don't have access to their environment - everything works fine on our staging servers), so something is caching it in their environment, is it not maybe a setting somewhere probably something like that or some code in the system files needing to change?? Or could it be a Permissions issue i.e. the file is write-protected/Read only?

If anyone can help we would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Mark

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 15, 2011 @ 21:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mark

Are you having more than on server running the site in a load balanced environment?

/Jan

Apr 16, 2011 @ 11:43
    Bluegrass Digital

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply. The answer to that is yes they are running the site on more than one server. We are actually building the site for another UK agency, who is dealing direct with the client, so we don't have access to the clients environment or specific architectural setup.

I will try get more information that may help from the UK agency, but do you think it could be something simple like a tweak to the config file?

Mark

Apr 26, 2011 @ 08:53
    Bluegrass Digital

This ended up being resolved. The client needed to make changes to their load balancing configuration which ended up fixing the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft