Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Holmes 16 posts 36 karma points
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 17:48
    Rob Holmes

Assistance with Umbraco database (SQL) tidy up please

Hi All,

Hoping somebody can help with this.

We run several sites off one umbraco installation. However, since we started using the system, these sites have grown far more than we ever expected and as a result, the system is slowing down, so the decision has been taken to seperate these sites into their own seperate Umbraco instances with individual databases.

There are two ways I can see us achieving this. First, is there any way to export a website, including templates and datatypes (macros if possible, although i realise this is a stretch as there is no database link between a page and a macro) that can then be imported in to a new database?

The second way, and this seems more likely, would be to clone the existing installation and use an SQL query to remove the content / datatypes / templates from the database which would not be relevent for any given site. Has anyone tried this before? If anyone has an SQL Query for this which they have used in the past, that would be very handy, else a database design diagram for Umbraco so I can plan how one would be created and what it would need to do. We currently use 4.0.1 on the live systems, although our test system has recently been successfully upgraded to 4.6.1, so info / peoples experiences with either would be very helpful.

Any assistance with this would be appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Rob

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft