Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim Finucane 34 posts 60 karma points
    Oct 28, 2010 @ 17:32
    Tim Finucane

Absolute URLs with the domain names problem

I'm having a slight problem. All of the links created by umbraco have full absolute URLS in them. This didn't seem to be true before. I did add a hostname to the root in the past, but have since removed it.

Also, <useDomainPrefixes> is currently set to false.

Any ideas on how I can have it using relative URLS for all Umbraco Media and Content.

Thank you,

Tim

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 28, 2010 @ 18:42
    Sebastiaan Janssen

If you publish one of the nodes, does the properties tab still show the domain name? They might just be cached.

Oct 28, 2010 @ 20:03
    Tim Finucane

No, it doesn't show in the properties tab, but I think I may not be explaining this correctly.

As an example I have a static link in a template that looks like this <a href="#comment">

However, when I hover over the link it looks like this http://colleagues/#comment, which sends it to the home page instead of to the anchor on the page I'm on.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 28, 2010 @ 20:35
    Rich Green

Can you paste the code that you have in your content, is it pure HTML or in xslt?

Rich

Oct 29, 2010 @ 17:21
    Tim Finucane

It's just pure HTML inside the XSLT, exactly as I have show it above.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Oct 30, 2010 @ 11:43
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Well, I don't know what to tell you. Umbraco should not do anything with the links in your templates.. Is there a runat="server" block around the part of your html where this links is?

Nov 04, 2010 @ 15:01
    Tim Finucane

Wow, I feel stupid on this one. The problem was not Umbraco, but a BASE tag my designer had in the HTML. Removed it and the problem is now gone.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft